Visual Editing Problems...AKA The car!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I wanted a thread to post visual editing problems with the show. here's the first one....
The car:
CAR.png

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
then there is rush's wife....
first we see:
rush1.png

then it's a different chick:
rush2.png

maybe the first pic is the nurse:
rush3.jpg

SerenityS

GateFans Member
Are there any caps of the car that show it in a slightly different position in different frames? I ask because in one of the threads on GW (in the SGA Extinction thread I think, not quite sure) some are saying it's just a trick of the kino and light...
Looks like a car to me though.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
SerenityS said:
Are there any caps of the car that show it in a slightly different position in different frames? I ask because in one of the threads on GW (in the SGA Extinction thread I think, not quite sure) some are saying it's just a trick of the kino and light...
Looks like a car to me though.
Yeah they began insisting it was just a trick...but there were some more pics on the old forum...this is the only one I saved! no matter what they say it's a car! ;)

MissSGA

GateFans Noob
Okay, I've heard about the car or not the car in one episode. This is the first time I can see it and ... it is a moving car I think.

Okay, this are things that could happen in the best movie. I remember back in the 1970ties there were a film-crew here where I live to produce a movie for the cinema. In some scenes they need for the background a windmill. The problem is that there lays a state-street not far away from the mill. And the government of NRW did not accept to close the street for shooting the film. Well, they did their best but in one scene of the movie you can see a truck driving through a field (behind this field is the street). But that was back in the 70ies and one of the mayor streets not today with good CGI and somewhere in the Canadian countryside. Okay, we are German pampa ... but this is really a fault.

A

AdamTM

MissSGA said:
Okay, I've heard about the car or not the car in one episode. This is the first time I can see it and ... it is a moving car I think.

Okay, this are things that could happen in the best movie. I remember back in the 1970ties there were a film-crew here where I live to produce a movie for the cinema. In some scenes they need for the background a windmill. The problem is that there lays a state-street not far away from the mill. And the government of NRW did not accept to close the street for shooting the film. Well, they did their best but in one scene of the movie you can see a truck driving through a field (behind this field is the street). But that was back in the 70ies and one of the mayor streets not today with good CGI and somewhere in the Canadian countryside. Okay, we are German pampa ... but this is really a fault.

When i get home, in half an hour i can mask this car out, its elementary VFX work.
Basically every time a camera operator/director messes up we get to clean it up, its tedious, but its doable in under an hour for this example.

I watched a movie once where half the movie the boom-mic was visible at the top of the screen, abominable.
In Gladiator they had people wearing a rolex during a swordfight, careless.

All in all, its a blunder, a big one, and most importantly PREVENTABLE/FIXABLE with the smallest amount of work.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
AdamTM said:
MissSGA said:

When i get home, in half an hour i can mask this car out, its elementary VFX work.
Basically every time a camera operator/director messes up we get to clean it up, its tedious, but its doable in under an hour for this example.

I watched a movie once where half the movie the boom-mic was visible at the top of the screen, abominable.
In Gladiator they had people wearing a rolex during a swordfight, careless.

All in all, its a blunder, a big one, and most importantly PREVENTABLE/FIXABLE with the smallest amount of work.
but remember this ep got nominated for the LEO for editing! :roll:

MissSGA

GateFans Noob
@ Rac80:
but remember this ep got nominated for the LEO for editing! :roll:
Ouch! This happens when you can nominate your own show. :lol:

@ AdamTM:
That's the point: YOU can do this. But I'm pretty sure, TPTB couldn't do it. And the VFX/CGI-folks were out of reach because every single manipulation costs money. Money, I would think, TPTB thought they could use it better ... to make the Destiny darker and grittier or to give the acteurs new costumes, to ... whatever they thought about. I would bet they thought that no one would notice the car because their new baby is soooooo tensional.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Those screen caps are great piginpoo!