Twitter, Facebook and Instagram are being purged.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i was part of the twitter "purge" - no explanation of why, just boom and 20K followers gone.! :P But then when a site is run by Rasputin
Rac! You had 20K followers on Twitter? DAMN! Some celebrities don't have that many!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
and as i have always said, twitter is and has been ridiculous.. what is it 200 characters or something limit? how do you have a conversation like that?

the lack of depth and detail due to these limitations seems to lead to a lot of miscommunication of intent and a lack of clarity of message

when i do go on it, it is mainly because i was directed there by a link someone gave me. i see a lot of "what do you mean about xyz?" "oh, no, i meant this, but then i forget to mention abc".. "WAIT" WHO are you talking to?"

its a great place to dump a comment bomb and then run away.. so is facebook, but at least in a group i can moderate that an kick someone out if they do not comply

long form posting forums will always be my first preference
Twitter forces brevity and concise messages, good or bad. It lacks an edit feature. But it also allows lots more people to interact at a much faster pace than any of the other platforms. It allows more control and never asks for personal information. Facebook demands that people use their real names, and I myself was asked to upload verified ID as follows:
1615010848506.png

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Rac! You had 20K followers on Twitter? DAMN! Some celebrities don't have that many!
what can I say? some think I'm witty! Had some amazing followers too - From James Rosen to Eric Carmen and various country singers! As well as a few pols too. It was fun but Rasputin (AKA Jack Dorsey) Doesn''t like me1 :P

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Twitter forces brevity and concise messages, good or bad. It lacks an edit feature. But it also allows lots more people to interact at a much faster pace than any of the other platforms. It allows more control and never asks for personal information. Facebook demands that people use their real names, and I myself was asked to upload verified ID as follows:
View attachment 35583
i have an acct where i dont use my real name.. my main acct is my name though

a lot of ppl in my FB group defi do not use their real names-- like the guy who just joined with the name of "Lighting Bolt" and another guy named "Deezi Knuts"

but as a retiree i dont need to worry about being canceled from my job if someone doesn't like something i post :)

one thing i absolutely hate about twitter, is, i have no idea if the person i am tweeting has received my message

i prefer nice 'straight' lines of recorded commo.. like here and FB, but especially this format on xenforo

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
what can I say? some think I'm witty! Had some amazing followers too - From James Rosen to Eric Carmen and various country singers! As well as a few pols too. It was fun but Rasputin (AKA Jack Dorsey) Doesn''t like me1 :P
do you still have a twitter acct or did you get bumped too?

on FB, i haven't seen any 'fact checks' or 'group warnings' or ppl put in FB jail for over a month

--come to me rac... your every political posting wish will be fulfilled :) :)

i welcome everyone.. had a great time with the Qanon nuts... but after 20 jan most went dark though they are still members.. no one wants to 'explain' what went wrong with their Qrazy predictions.. i say, if you really believed in something, don't hide,, come around a stand up and shout