Ted Lasso

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
@YJ02 You're the one who mentioned this show and you're a mod around here I think, so I'm making you responsible for putting this thread in the right place. Doesn't appear to be a sub forum for Apple TV.

So, the wife and I gave this show a chance and I have to say it's nice. This Jason Sudeikis actor really did a good job, and I guess the writers did as well. He made the coach feel extremely likeable. Guess this is a new show for us to follow.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
@YJ02 You're the one who mentioned this show and you're a mod around here I think, so I'm making you responsible for putting this thread in the right place. Doesn't appear to be a sub forum for Apple TV.

So, the wife and I gave this show a chance and I have to say it's nice. This Jason Sudeikis actor really did a good job, and I guess the writers did as well. He made the coach feel extremely likeable. Guess this is a new show for us to follow.
yeah.. dont know how to do that.. sorry

i am sure @Joelist does though :)

there are a few other shows i'd put up if there were a APPLE TV sub.. like THE SERVANT

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

the humor is a little repetitive, but i can deal with that

i think it is meant to be indicative of Lasso's personality and his issues- his repetitive humor is a coping method for him

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
We're in season two now and I'm noticing that unfortunately the focus of the show has moved away from Ted Lasso and more onto other characters. I'm not getting that fun Lasso anymore from the first couple of episodes, the one who appears to act dumb but is secretly a great coach. Now it's about him dealing with personal issues with a therapist. Don't like the therapist by the way. The show shouldn't have had one, or if it was absolutely necessary, then have one that is somehow fun to watch. This one just sits there staring with her blank gaze. Writing in season 2 is not as good as in season 1. Hey! The therapist just got into an accident! Things might be looking up.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
The episode when they lose the semi-finals of the FA cup....... 90% of it was about coach Beard going for a night out in London. What a totally bonkers and pointless episode.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I agree with pretty much everything Hubby said. Season 1 was amazing and season 2 was not as good, and a few completely filler eps that were painful to watch.
The therapist does not bother me as much as him, the one assistance coach really makes me cringe , but I guess that he is supposed to, but still too much over the top.

I love Roy's character, him and Rebecca, they are my favorite characters.

They need to bring Lasso more into the main scope of the show, or the show starts to feel lost.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
The assistant coach who was initially just a kit-man or whatever it's called is so annoying. Of course, it is fully intentional, but I don't think it makes the show any better. What a prick. Glad he's off the team now. (we finished season 2) Looking forward to season 3 now. Apparently they start work on season 3 next month, and rumour has it that it will air in summer of this year. Seems hard to believe though.