Spider Man - No Way Home

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I got to catch this one yesterday, and it was pretty good! Acting all around was good, story while kinda out there was able to be followed and no wokeness! Without getting into details there IS a pretty massive reset button hit ultimately and it is for the best.

One very interesting thing is this movie may SAY Marvel on it but it really FELT like a Sam Raimi series Spider Man film. And as he to date has been the only director to actually do good Spider Man stuff this is not a bad thing.

Like I said earlier, good acting all around especially from Alfred Molina, Wilelm Dafoe and Tobey McGuire. And....we got to finally see Andrew Garfield play Spider Man for a good director and it turns out he is a GOOD Spider Man! I have to give Director John Watts a gold star - he even managed to get a good performance out of Zendaya - her MJ in this film was a lot more human and relatable.

In a way it is a pity that this may be the end of the Tom Holland Spider Man series because they left it in an ideal place for him to make his own legacy as the webbed superhero without being in the shadow of the MCU.