She's officially DEAD, Jim. Stages 5 and 6 at Bridge Studios showing available.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The Stargate Universe sets are gone. The stages are now being shown at the Bridge Studios website as being AVAILABLE:

Stage 5: http://www.bridgestudios.com/stage5.html

Stage 6: http://www.bridgestudios.com/stage6.html

Stage 4: http://www.bridgestudios.com/stage4.html

These stages had been shown as UNAVAILABLE throughout the entire run of Stargate. Now they are available. Its a shame, but its final. What I dont get is that some SGU fans think there is still a chance to "bring it back". Atlantis fans held out, but when SGU sets were built in the stages where the Atlantis sets had been, it was as final as this is.

Buh bye SGU!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I shed a tear. :mallozzicry:

The really sad part is that the sets for SGU were REALLY crappy compared to those made for Atlantis which to me were some of the most beautiful sets ever built for any science fiction show. More beautiful than any Trek bridge, or the interior of DS9 or B5 or any show I can think of. The colors, shapes, the design of the staircase and the balconies over the gateroom, and how that set matched the overall design of the city...the continuity of design carried to the CGI puddlejumpers...

SGU's sets were completely generic. Plain corridors could have been done with plywood and not made much difference. That lame steampunk "core" thing they were using in the lab seemed like a recycled Dr Who core and was not a standout piece. The SGU gateroom was dismal and also not unique. Those EXACT corridors could have been reused for a Firefly revival, since they look EXACTLY the same. Anyway, when I found out those beautiful Atlantis sets had been destroyed and not mothballed, that was when I shed a tear. Well, its all gone now but I think we will see our Stargate back soon enough in a different incarnation. :)

Tropicana

Council Member
Aww this calls for "Amazing Grace" being blared out by bagpipes. Or "Grand Old Lady" or "Farewell Apollo" (my fave) piece by Bear McCreary from nBSG - which features some of the best orchestral pieces ever.

Not cos SGU sets are gone for I couldn't care less but because 1) the SGA sets were torn down to make way for such crapfest and 2) cos the home of Stargate is officially gone thanks to TPTW's reckless and atrocious decision-making.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Aww this calls for "Amazing Grace" being blared out by bagpipes. Or "Grand Old Lady" or "Farewell Apollo" (my fave) piece by Bear McCreary from nBSG - which features some of the best orchestral pieces ever.

Not cos SGU sets are gone for I couldn't care less but because 1) the SGA sets were torn down to make way for such crapfest and 2) cos the home of Stargate is officially gone thanks to TPTW's reckless and atrocious decision-making.

They destroyed THIS:

_mg_5207_425x283.shkl.jpg

To make room for THIS:

FullSize-sgu0107-0624xb.jpg

:facepalm:

S

Stonelesscutter

I don't think the second one looks so bad.
It's nice and dark 'n gritty.
:D

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, SGU had one good thing, which was the budget for props and setting and whatnot, sometimes badly used. But everything else was failure. Atlantis was about the characters mostly, characters we enjoyed, well to me.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Yeah, SGU had one good thing, which was the budget for props and setting and whatnot, sometimes badly used. But everything else was failure. Atlantis was about the characters mostly, characters we enjoyed, well to me.

me too...just finished Tabula Rasa the other day...you cared about those characters!