New Old Trek

Deity59

GateFans Noob

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I know all about it!

Don't know if anyone has seen these here yet, but here are some fan fic versions of old (TOS) trek. They even have guest appearances by some of the original crew.

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/episodes.html

check it out.

I downloaded all the episodes and have them in my collection. They have been around a LONG time, and they are great! The project is now called Star Trek Phase II. Koenig, George Takei, Yeoman Rand, even Tasha Yar has been on the show (I know, she is TNG). They are good stories too!

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
I downloaded all the episodes and have them in my collection. They have been around a LONG time, and they are great! The project is now called Star Trek Phase II. Koenig, George Takei, Yeoman Rand, even Tasha Yar has been on the show (I know, she is TNG). They are good stories too!
Denise Crosby really regrets leaving TNG :P it's so obvious :P

I still wish Ro Laren had stayed for DS9 :D that would have been BRILLIANT :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
YES!

Denise Crosby really regrets leaving TNG :P it's so obvious :P

I still wish Ro Laren had stayed for DS9 :D that would have been BRILLIANT :D

I loved Ro Laren...she was awesome. I also loved Kira, but Ro Laren was unique...the actress made her what she was. She would have been GREAT in DS9!

ro_laren.jpg

Deity59

GateFans Noob

I bookmark everything. I've had this forever and just ran across it again when I was cleaning out my 1000 bookmarks or so. So I thought I would share.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It seems to me that Stargate could become a fanfic series.

I bookmark everything. I've had this forever and just ran across it again when I was cleaning out my 1000 bookmarks or so. So I thought I would share.

Actually, it would be pretty easy to create something similar for SG-1, and the only actual prop would be a full sized Stargate (although a CGI one would work too). Its not like a real Stargate Command is needed, just footage from the original series (jeeps going in and out of Cheyenne Mountain, etc). Atlantis would be more difficult, but not impossible.

These Phase II Trekkies have recreated the original Bridge in TOS in extreme detail, matching the colors exactly, the uniforms, etc. If they can do that for old Trek, they can do it for a new Atlantis. But our characters would have to be played by other actors.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I loved Ro Laren...she was awesome. I also loved Kira, but Ro Laren was unique...the actress made her what she was. She would have been GREAT in DS9!

View attachment 694
You can catch some more of her in "Outer Limits", RDMBSG and more recently in "True Blood" and "The Killing" :)

BTW, anything new on the fan reboots of ST?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You can catch some more of her in "Outer Limits", RDMBSG and more recently in "True Blood" and "The Killing" :)

BTW, anything new on the fan reboots of ST?

Paramount has not pulled the plug on their permission to use the rights, so things are still looking good for the Phase II projects. But now, the storylines are in direct conflict with the new rebooted 2009 Trek, so I think the Phase II team will address it. The newest episode "Mind Sifter" should be filming this month.

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/

Tropicana

Council Member

View attachment 694
Have you seen recent pics of the actress? She looks ever so pretty!

Premiere+HBO+True+Blood+2nd+Season+Arrivals+-yM0oX_VzLel.jpg

Though I will be honest here, I wasn't big on the character "Ro Lauren". Felt she didn't belong onboard ENT-D. Whatever did happen to the character anyway after she joins the Maquis? Anyone know?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Have you seen recent pics of the actress? She looks ever so pretty!

View attachment 4592

Though I will be honest here, I wasn't big on the character "Ro Lauren". Felt she didn't belong onboard ENT-D. Whatever did happen to the character anyway after she joins the Maquis? Anyone know?

In novels, she briefly became a security officer aboard DS9, but she basically became a Maquis member after leaving her role in TNG. In Voyager, Chakotay said all the Maquis had been killed...ALL of them except those aboard Voyager. So, she might be dead. I like her look MUCH better with long hair than the bob cut she had in Voyager. She is a smouldering babe to be sure. I bet she is a screamer. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
In novels, she briefly became a security officer aboard DS9, but she basically became a Maquis member after leaving her role in TNG. In Voyager, Chakotay said all the Maquis had been killed...ALL of them except those aboard Voyager. So, she might be dead. I like her look MUCH better with long hair than the bob cut she had in Voyager. She is a smouldering babe to be sure. I bet she is a screamer. :)

She's in true blood if you have a hankering to see err, more of her