New forum - Social Media Stuff

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This forum is for posting stuff you might find in Social Media (for those of you who use it). Links are okay, and you can make requests for anything you need like embedding or other stuff you want me to add.

Meyers82

GateFans Noob
What links about social media can we specifically post? Are there more in-depth rules regarding the links or information we post on this thread?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
What links about social media can we specifically post? Are there more in-depth rules regarding the links or information we post on this thread?
Well, we avoid politics and overtly controversial posts on the forums. You can review the CCPG here:

https://www.gatefans.net/gforums/th...-guidelines-please-read-before-posting.23856/

You cannot post nudity, gore or otherwise distasteful photos or video, and no personal information even if it is your own. This is a scifi/fantasy community for the most part! Use your judgement. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I tweet therefore I irritate people. :D (Currently irritiating abt 13K, and having fun really pissing off lefties. )

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

WELCOME to GateFans! I am not entirely positive, but most of us here do not really use Twitter or social media. It's kinda why GateFans is here. Social media seems to be going through a period of politically-biased censorship and draconian content rules. But thanks for sharing your handle!

:welcomewagon:

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
WELCOME to GateFans! I am not entirely positive, but most of us here do not really use Twitter or social media. It's kinda why GateFans is here. Social media seems to be going through a period of politically-bioased censorship and draconian content rules. But thanks for sharing your handle!

:welcomewagon:

i thought about using it, until a 'certain famous someone' started to. that together with what om1 said--i abstain from it

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I do some Facebook but Twitter is just a sewer.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Did you all hear about @Jack getting hacked?

YES. And I am not a bit surprised. Twitter seems to be the domain of idiots, and I do not understand why anyone uses it still. It represents an online form of texting to me, and the brief messages you can tweet come off like chopped texts. Can you imagine if real life conversations were structured like Twitter threads? Jack, the CEO had his Twitter account hacked, and nobody has lost their jobs for it? So Twitter.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i've had friends recommend mastodon but i haven't tried it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can always communicate in long form here. You can express complete thoughts, and we do not censor or delete unless rules are severely broken. Please feel free to make suggestions, or speak your mind. :)