NASA/ ISS videos

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
note from YT page:

To view in 4k, be sure to change resolution under "Settings" menu in YouTube viewer to "2160p 4k".
(Video: NASA)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
note from YT page:

To view in 4k, be sure to change resolution under "Settings" menu in YouTube viewer to "2160p 4k".
(Video: NASA)

was everyone able to watch in 2160p 4k?

i got, little bit of lag, put on pause and let it all load first-then no problems

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
was everyone able to watch in 2160p 4k?

i got, little bit of lag, put on pause and let it all load first-then no problems

I do not have any devices that do 4K. But the 1080 HD is still breathtaking. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I do not have any devices that do 4K. But the 1080 HD is still breathtaking. :)

pretty amazing how one can use something so basic, like water, dye and an alka-seltzer to create something so beautiful

--------------------
while on YT, if I selected the 4k and it played-after I paused and let it load all the way-and didn't auto adjust, then I assume my HP all in one is a 4k device

that's a question by the way :shame:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
pretty amazing how one can use something so basic, like water, dye and an alka-seltzer to create something so beautiful

--------------------
while on YT, if I selected the 4k and it played-after I paused and let it load all the way-and didn't auto adjust, then I assume my HP all in one is a 4k device

If it is, it will say so right on the device (because having it is bragging rights). The resolution is 4096 x 2160.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

No. Devices can *play* any resolution, the video processor simply down-samples it to your current resolution. So, it's just a waste of bandwidth.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
No. Devices can *play* any resolution, the video processor simply down-samples it to your current resolution. So, it's just a waste of bandwidth.

Your LG G3 can record in 4K but it cannot play back in 4K. The G4 can record and also play back in 4K because it has a 4K GPU/screen. Many people who have bought 4K smart TV units (separate from TV) think that their HD 1080p screen is playing at 4K. :)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Your LG G3 can record in 4K but it cannot play back in 4K. The G4 can record and also play back in 4K because it has a 4K GPU/screen. Many people who have bought 4K smart TV units (separate from TV) think that their HD 1080p screen is playing at 4K. :)

True about the G3 but the screen is still full 2K (1440p). I thought about upgrading to the G4 but I found the leap up from the G3 underwhelming. Maybe the G5. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
True about the G3 but the screen is still full 2K (1440p). I thought about upgrading to the G4 but I found the leap up from the G3 underwhelming. Maybe the G5. :)

I am still in love with my G2. :) It is more than adequate, has a bigger screen than the iPhone 6 (and more processing power and higher screen resolution and a better camera front AND back). Im two full model cycles behind and what I have is more than adequate. :) Im not sold on 4K. I loved it in the store when I first saw it. So fluid, like liquid light. But in real life in somebody's living room sitting about 8 feet from it...no so much. Not enough different than HD 1080. I could definitely see it as a 4k gaming monitor that is sitting on a desk though...

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

"bdah,bdha,bdah,ble,ble I sees what I sees, and da ble,da ble, that's all that I sees." <channeling Porky Pig>

150px-Porky_Pig.svg.png