Mallozzi is a huge liar! Here is the proof.

SerenityS

GateFans Member
Mallozzi is a huge liar. See for yourself!

23. August 2010:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...enial-mailbag/

attachment.php

Recently SGUnite wrote to Craig Engler on twitter. Craig Engler is a senior executive at Syfy.

http://twitter.com/SGUnite/status/35880991968989184

attachment.php

http://twitter.com/Syfy/status/35891859251412992

attachment.php
Well, he either lied or was completely out of the loop and was just repeating what Brad and Rob told him.

Either way, it doesn't look good.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
That seems pretty conclusive to be honest.

One thing I don't understand is why they didn't announce a two season pick-up from the start. Was it purely to have a big season 2 renewal announcement?

Tropicana

Council Member
LOL, that Beka is so asking for trouble.

I rolled my eyes at this comment -

rolleyes1.png

[sarcasm] Of course Mallozzi didn't intentionally deceive or mislead us, oh how silly of us to think such thoughts [/sarcasm], so what was he doing when he was spewing total BS for the past year or so and every squeedrone believed him?

He could have kept his mouth shut and said nothing in relation to how SGU got 2 seasons; but no, he had to say something and make it known that S2 depended on S1 ratings and that since S1 ratings were so good - SGU got S2, and therefore SGU will get S3 based on the current ratings.

Pack of lies.

Tropicana

Council Member
General rule of thumb

If there are screencaps, the thread with which the screencaps are from will either be edited or deleted.

Pity.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
LOL, that Beka is so asking for trouble.

I rolled my eyes at this comment -

[sarcasm] Of course Mallozzi didn't intentionally deceive or mislead us, oh how silly of us to think such thoughts [/sarcasm], so what was he doing when he was spewing total BS for the past year or so and every squeedrone believed him?

He could have kept his mouth shut and said nothing in relation to how SGU got 2 seasons; but no, he had to say something and make it known that S2 depended on S1 ratings and that since S1 ratings were so good - SGU got S2, and therefore SGU will get S3 based on the current ratings.

Pack of lies.

Jelgate is dillusional as always...always believing what TPTW say and not accepting cold hard facts...I'll bet she still believes that Universe still has a future,noticed how when Darren posted she didn't reply? :rotflmao:

SerenityS

GateFans Member
And Mallozzi fires back

on his blog tonight:

Randonmness writes: “Did anyone else see this? http://twitter.com/Syfy/status/36112527372845056 Basically Syfy saying if they had the choice, Stargate Universe wouldn’t be a Stargate show.”​

Answer: Not sure that was the intention of the response but, if it was, then that’s complete and utter bullshit. When Brad and Robert pitched SyFy the idea for Stargate: Universe, the network was VERY excited about the prospect of taking the Stargate brand in a new direction – specifically, a darker and more dramatic direction. It’s not as if Brad and Robert shoved the show down their throats. In fact, quite the opposite. SyFy HEAVILY courted them and made it clear that SGU was the type of show they wanted on their network.

Randomness also writes: “Craig who runs Syfys twitter also mentioned that the channel was contracted for 2 seasons. So regardless of how well or bad Season 1 did, they were obligated to give a new season.”

Answer: Also, as the Japanese would say: “Chotto bullshit”. The second season pick-up for the series was conditional on the performance of the first ten episodes of season 1. Those first ten episodes had to hit an agreed-upon average rating for the second season pick-up to kick in. If it had fallen below that threshold, SyFy would have been under no obligation to pick us up.

lol at Mozzy saying that the network VP's comments were bullshit. Mozzy doesn't give a damn about syfy anymore, he's got a whole new show on a whole different network to screw up. He's pissed that he got called out on his bullshit so he's lying to keep up the facade.

Jelgate is an idiot. If Mozzy didn't intend to deceive the fans then he should have shut his gaping hole and not answered the question.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Can someone who has a twitter account inform syfy that joseph Mallozzi is calling the words from a network that stargate ran on for 15 years as bullshit? Can someone link syfy to Joseph Mallozzi blog? I want to see where this going to lead :rotflmao:

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

on his blog tonight:

Ooooooh, handbags at dawn - me thinks Craig Engler's comments struck a nerve, that's a very defensive stance to take indeed. Charming fucker though ain't he? His PR skills truly leave alot to be desired.

Can someone with a twitter account please write Craig Engler from Syfy about Mallozzi's "polite" response?

http://twitter.com/syfy

Just write a tweet about it @syfy and he should get it. Maybe we will get more inside information from Engler. He usually defends Syfy from wrong accusations and I think there is a high chance, that he will react, if he hears about Mallozzi's words.

And it would be nice, if someone could ask him, if Syfy would have aired a 6th season of SGA, if it would have been offered by MGM and TPTW. I think he said it before, that Syfy would have aired more SGA, but it doesn't hurt to get more proof. ;)

It would also be good for somebody to confirm for clarity, the "1 SGA + 1 SGU season or 2 SGU seasons" rumour aswell.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Is anyone going to ask or send him joseph Mallozzi's blog link? I want to see the reaction :argue:And Joseph Mallozzi cry :mallozzicry:

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Can someone with a twitter account please write Craig Engler from Syfy about Mallozzi's "polite" response?

http://twitter.com/syfy

Just write a tweet about it @syfy and he should get it. Maybe we will get more inside information from Engler. He usually defends Syfy from wrong accusations and I think there is a high chance, that he will react, if he hears about Mallozzi's words.

And it would be nice, if someone could ask him, if Syfy would have aired a 6th season of SGA, if it would have been offered by MGM and TPTW. I think he said it before, that Syfy would have aired more SGA, but it doesn't hurt to get more proof. ;)

Ask and you shall receive :)

Will

GateFans Noob
Hahaha, so now TPTB really had nothing to do with SGU, it was all Syfy BEGGING them to do a soapy drama crap show? Pull the other one Mallozzi.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Hahaha, so now TPTB really had nothing to do with SGU, it was all Syfy BEGGING them to do a soapy drama crap show? Pull the other one Mallozzi.

Syfy might have wanted something in line with Caprica/ a replacement for Battlestar. It's not too hard to imagine them wanting a drama heavy show at that point. Syfy itself was developing Caprica at this point, so they really did think that type of show was a good fit.

The big question is if they wanted that instead of SGA or alongside it. Or which one they would have chosen if told they could only have one.

Inara

GateFans Noob
This is only confirmation of something we all knew with the DragonCon event. I'd known before then that he'd tell fibs here and there and exaggerate, but it wasn't until DragonCon that I found out that he and Gero would lie about people - fans of the frachise even - in a malicious way. I haven't trusted a word he's had to say since.

Can someone link me up to his quote about DragonCon? I know the basics of what happened, but I want to link it up in the Timeline O'Stuff.

Sometimes I think he'll say anything for attention and to cause a controversy. He seems to like it when he can get fans to squabble over things. That's why if someone uses him as an actual source, I'm usually pretty much done talking to them about whatever the issue is because the guy has no credibility...

*ding* We have a winner! He says crap and stirs things up to sidestep what's really going on.

He reminds me of the governor in this bit from The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. I think the exchanges between the reporters in this sound a whole lot like us fans who don't buy JM's brand of talking a lot without saying anything.

Reporter: What the hell did he say?
Reporter: The same as usual, not a damn thing.

Reporter: Did you hear any of that?
Reporter: I hear him talking, but he don't come in.

Reporter: Is that a yes or a no?
Reporter: It's a possible maybe.

Inara

GateFans Noob
Wow! So who do we believe? Hmmm, I think I'm going with the network on this one.

"They're not a 'real' source! They're not Joe Mallozzi!"

There seems to be a bit of a Cult of Joe thing going on because he's been the one talking directly to fans for years. So many have come to cling to that attention from one of the almighty PTB and accept anything he says as truth, and anything from those of us who can prove otherwise must be a lie because we're automatically haterz. It shakes up their worldview too much to think otherwise.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Syfy might have wanted something in line with Caprica/ a replacement for Battlestar. It's not too hard to imagine them wanting a drama heavy show at that point. Syfy itself was developing Caprica at this point, so they really did think that type of show was a good fit.

The big question is if they wanted that instead of SGA or alongside it. Or which one they would have chosen if told they could only have one.

I think Syfy have always said that they were happy to have another season of SGA. To be honest I don't think they cared whether it was more drama based or not, once it was doing well. SGA was doing well so they had no reason to want to get rid of it. If Brad and Robert hadn't pitched SGU to MGM and convinced them it was going to surpass SGA in every way, syfy would still be airing SGA.

Brad clearly didn't want to continue with SGA and was determined to get his new show on the road as soon as possible. He didn't want to do both shows and needed the big budget for SGU, so what was Syfy to do. They went along with the show that MGM and Brad and co wanted.

It has long been speculated that Syfy WANTED more SGA but it has also been speculated that Syfy were generally going in a more character-driven, sci-fi-drama direction so these 2 points kind of contradict one another.

Lately the rumour has cropped up that Syfy told MGM "two seasons of SGA & none of SGU or one season of both" hence taking any kind of decision-making responsiblity (& as such, liability) out of their hands & placing it firmly with MGM so passing the buck so-to-speak. Maybe Syfy just thought they would simply............ throw the die & see what came up - it's just as feasible as any other explanation.