Justice League - Snyder cut

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Just watched this. And o my was it a painful experience. I bet they'll use this to torture people in Guantanamo Bay. This is sooo long. Four hours. That's probably about two and a half hours longer than it should be. Also there is so much cheese. O, all the cheese! I don't remember the previously released version being this cheesy. It was just bad. I don't know if Snyder has anything good to his name but this has definitely tainted him in my eyes. And what the f is DC even doing? Compared to Marvel they are just nothing. Anyway, that was my experience. Anyone else seen it?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well this thing may be incredibly long and it is Snyder operatic (read pretentious) but unlike the original the characters actually have some depth and the story is actually followable. This can be watched if you have the stamina - the original was completely unwatchable and incoherent.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I still can't get over how bad "Zack Snyder's Justice League" is. IMDb is full of rave reviews about it. Are these people all on fucking crack?!?! This movie is pure SHITE!!! Period.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Some people just like their superhero films overlong and pretentious and dark. Remember there are those out there who liked Man of Steel and Batman v Superman.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I still can't get over how bad "Zack Snyder's Justice League" is. IMDb is full of rave reviews about it. Are these people all on fucking crack?!?! This movie is pure SHITE!!! Period.
this is the kind of stuff that people like nerdrotic (i know because i saw his vid on it and he liked it! he likes something for once so i had to see what it was) rave about

it WAS watchable imo, and i did watch the whole thing. i didn't need to see stuff like how flash in slo mo saved a girl and a hot dog from a car crash in the middle of his dog sitting interview

i did watch a comparison vid after of the orig J and this one, and, yes, i agree of the two, having to choose, id pick the snyder version

two things against it for me going in--

never was into DC stuff all that much--- Nolan's DARK KNIGHT Trilogy and GOTHAM (which was announced as "consider this Nolan's Bruce Wayne backstory)

so many things DC are portrayed on film and tv as fat too "comic bookey".. yeah, Marvel is fantast too, but for me, the way they make marvel stuff is somehow more "believable" if that makes sense?

-------------------

and how is something a "justice league" when 'justice' should refer to earth bound criminals? something more like,, hmm idk... AVENGERS maybe? just a quirk

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The first Justice League (the one Snyder did then they brought in Joss Whedon to reshoot) would justly belong on a "worst movies ever made" list. It was a mess that was literally incomprehensible, the tone flew all over the place and no one and nothing had any development.

This version by contrast can be followed, the characters actually have some development and both they and the story have some room to breathe. It is FAR superior. That said, it is in that same operatic, overly monotone and moody template we saw in the awful Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. So I can't call it great. It is, however, watchable.

In a way it reminds me of the difference between the original version of Highlander 2 and the Renegade Cut. The original version was drivel and hilariously incompetent. The Renegade Cut is much improved and watchable.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The first Justice League (the one Snyder did then they brought in Joss Whedon to reshoot) would justly belong on a "worst movies ever made" list. It was a mess that was literally incomprehensible, the tone flew all over the place and no one and nothing had any development.

This version by contrast can be followed, the characters actually have some development and both they and the story have some room to breathe. It is FAR superior. That said, it is in that same operatic, overly monotone and moody template we saw in the awful Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. So I can't call it great. It is, however, watchable.

In a way it reminds me of the difference between the original version of Highlander 2 and the Renegade Cut. The original version was drivel and hilariously incompetent. The Renegade Cut is much improved and watchable.
often "directors cuts" or otherwise named are much better than the original--at worst, they are NO better

a great example of how a director's cut makes the original much better and clears up a lot of the character's motivations and actions is KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.

----This whole DC lineup of stuff,, just cant get into for reasons i posted already. just dont like the way things are done

however, as a one off kind of thing, i did enjoy this movie, though tedious at times

----------------PS

Anyone see the trailer for the new suicide squad? THE SUICIDE SQUAD is the title

i have not watched any of THE BOYS only commercials.. this new film seems to me as if DC is trying to make a copy of THE BOYS

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
You should check out the story of the Renegade Cut of Highlander 2; it is not a simple Directors Cut with outtakes restored. Russell Mulcahy actually raised funds, negotiated rights to the film, rehired the cast and shot new scenes as well as a lot of re-editing. It is a major Hollywood rarity - he made a bad film (not really his fault actually) but instead of dodging he owned it and fixed it.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Some people just like their superhero films overlong and pretentious and dark. Remember there are those out there who liked Man of Steel and Batman v Superman.
I like Man of Steel.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Gotta be honest Lord Ba'al - I detested it. I felt it ripped Superman completely out of character.

But then again I have my preferences I know others may not share, and we are all entitled to our preferences. For example, I think the best movie Joker is not Heath Ledger but Jack Nicholson ( or as some have said for many years The Joker was living under the assumed name Jack Nicholson until a script came up where he could play himself)...