It has a name: Star Trek: Into Darkness.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Sure they did, Nerus is Roman based. :)
They also had Hindu with Kali and Nirrti, Ba'al and Moloc are Phonecian, Ares and Cronus are Greek, there are several celtic/Irish ones, Morrigan, Mannanan mac lir, plus there are more minor ones representing peoples across the world.

I knew someone would have the answer. Now the next question is, why did so many different Goa-ulds get a crack at ruling Earth?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I knew someone would have the answer. Now the next question is, why did so many different Goa-ulds get a crack at ruling Earth?
Actually, not many did.
In the Movie, Ra never went back to Earth until Jack and Daniel show up, and in the Series, only Anubis (originally) seems to have the gate address to Earth. I think the only Goa'uld who actually stay on Earth are Sutekh and Osiris and Isis, but those two are in the canopic jars in Egypt as punishment for defying Ra.

Do you mean, why did so many assume Earth God persona's?
I -think- in the series, Ra ships a lot of people off-world plus other Goa'ulds come as well. The problem is, some of the gods they emulate probably did not exist at the time of the slave uprising that kicked Ra off the planet, but hey, stargate has heaps of holes in it :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Actually, not many did.
In the Movie, Ra never went back to Earth until Jack and Daniel show up, and in the Series, only Anubis (originally) seems to have the gate address to Earth. I think the only Goa'uld who actually stay on Earth are Sutekh and Osiris and Isis, but those two are in the canopic jars in Egypt as punishment for defying Ra.

I -think- in the series, Ra ships a lot of people off-world plus other Goa'ulds come as well. The problem is, some of the gods they emulate probably did not exist at the time of the slave uprising that kicked Ra off the planet, but hey, stargate has heaps of holes in it :)

Yup, it doesn't make sense that there would be so many different Earth-based Goa-uld personas in this regard.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Yup, it doesn't make sense that there would be so many different Earth-based Goa-uld personas in this regard.
Not really, no. Anything post Egyptian is a bit of a stretch to be honest.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Actually, not many did.

Well, you definitely have the SG-1 canon down pat! I think that the Stargate movie trilogy was going to take a different tack than the System Lords and Goa'uld of Brad Wright. As far as we know, there were no other lords other than Ra (who was obviously an alien, but not necessarily a Goa'uld). The Goa'ulds and System Lords thing was a Brad Wright creation having no input from Emmerich or Devlin. I am hoping that the new movies dump the whole Goa'uld parasite thing.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Well, you definitely have the SG-1 canon down pat! I think that the Stargate movie trilogy was going to take a different tack than the System Lords and Goa'uld of Brad Wright. As far as we know, there were no other lords other than Ra (who was obviously an alien, but not necessarily a Goa'uld). The Goa'ulds and System Lords thing was a Brad Wright creation having no input from Emmerich or Devlin. I am hoping that the new movies dump the whole Goa'uld parasite thing.
There might not even be Ra, it's a full re-boot I believe