GateFans custom graphics for use by members

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have created my first GateFans graphic for use on the forums. This one will be posted when I see trolling on the forums! I will add more as I create them. :)

GATEFANSTROLL.gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Very nice, OM1.

You are disturbingly talented.

I like that.

:( It looks ugly in IE8. Its perfect in Firefox, but in IE8 it has this weird outline in the flashing words.

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
LCARS? Wow. i don't know what sadder, that you used it or that i recognized it for what it was.

:lol:

long live the geek!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LCARS? Wow. i don't know what sadder, that you used it or that i recognized it for what it was.

:lol:

long live the geek!

I absolutely LOVE the LCARS interface. I wish that there was an operating system that used something like it. :)

Tropicana

Council Member
When I was younger, I loved the VOY's early 25th century LCARS colour and system seen in the finale episode, "Endgame". The purple, yellow and green colour scheme was so alternative compared to the traditional yellow and blue.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Thats the thing...thats why I love it!

I know somebody on the TrekBBS forum has a LCARS OS/UI (I can't remember which). The thing is that you'll be stuck using the keyboard for everything unless you get it on a touch screen.

The LCARS interface was never designed for a keyboard or a mouse or any pointing device. It is expressly designed as a reconfigurable touch interface, with optional voice command. Its the future of computing. The fancy heads-up holographic displays shown in SGU and V are cool looking, but they will never come into wide usage if they are created. They have no tactile input capabilities, and holograms cannot be opaque. So, LCARS is a very VERY realistic interface for the future. Apple's iPhone and the Android are moving in that direction. Its just a short matter of time before home monitors are mostly touch activated, and the OS will become more touch than keyboard/mouse. I already use speech on my Media server to play music and movies. :)

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
LOL lcars the Screens that are built with a healthy dose of explodium :)

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
I am tempted to jailbreak my iPad and give it an LCARS theme. My brother did it to his iPhone and it's beautiful, but not really all that useful due to it being so small.

I'm going to have to wait for my BB Playbook to get a nice LCARS theme :D I had a great one on my 8100.

I actually use a touchscreen at work sometimes. An HP Touchsmart. Not enough software incorporates it though, and even my X61 Tablet isn't all that great beyond websurfing.