Feast your eyes..

Odyssey

GateFans Noob
You lucky mofo! I been after the entire collection but yet to find it all in one. How much it cost and from where? :)

Odyssey

GateFans Noob
Thanks!, I'll have to order that!

B5 collection + SG1/SGA collection = too much pop corn! ill be as fat as Eli!! MAN MOOBS FTW! lmao

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
No soap

..On this Yo! Ready to re-watch Babylon 5 In Marathon mode Starting from Season 1, this weekend.. Send search parties if I am not around after a few days. I may be in a Real Sci-fy stupor! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
View attachment 642

Plus One US0. Our library only has S5. I sure miss Zathrus. I do have a big box of VHS but never bothered hitching a machine up.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Im jealous!

..On this Yo! Ready to re-watch Babylon 5 In Marathon mode Starting from Season 1, this weekend.. Send search parties if I am not around after a few days. I may be in a Real Sci-fy stupor! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
View attachment 642

WOW! Watching Babylon 5 in marathon mode is going to be awesome. I loved that series! I dont have that collection, but now I may get it. I watched a few episodes on Hulu and I have a few in my collection, but not like a complete set like you have. Let us know what your viewing experience was like when you come back from Babylonland!

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
More BB5

Found S4 and 1 in the library. Having a go at it. A real class production. No BS of killing characters and having them magically re-appear as clones. Interesting mythology. It really takes having a look at BB5 to realize what a POS Sgoo has become. Sure the effects are better but they're flying around in a toilet with a bunch of psychos that smell. Given the equipment they had BB5 really aced the CGI. I much prefer the bald Delen though. And like I said, Billy Mumy still creeps me out.

What is really interesting is I can remember some episodes like I watched them yesterday. That probably means I watched them dozens of times over the years. That was before SG and DVDs.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I loved B5

Found S4 and 1 in the library. Having a go at it. A real class production. No BS of killing characters and having them magically re-appear as clones. Interesting mythology. It really takes having a look at BB5 to realize what a POS Sgoo has become. Sure the effects are better but they're flying around in a toilet with a bunch of psychos that smell. Given the equipment they had BB5 really aced the CGI. I much prefer the bald Delen though. And like I said, Billy Mumy still creeps me out.

What is really interesting is I can remember some episodes like I watched them yesterday. That probably means I watched them dozens of times over the years. That was before SG and DVDs.

Babylon 5 was the one to copy, and many did copy including DS9. Even the name was similar (Babylon 5 vs Deep Space 9). The premise was the same and it also became the center of a interstellar war. But B5 had it all over DS9 in the drama department and the mythos of the show. And like you, I preferred the pre-morphed Delenn to the more human one. Bill Mumy creeped me out too! But for that show, G'Kar was the center of it for me. Sheridan always came off as sort of a Buck Rodgers type to me, but he was a very complex character.

The biggest difference between B5 and all of these other Johnny-come-latelys is the fact that the entire Babylon 5 story arc was completely written before any episode was ever produced. That made for a complete and smooth story arc, and it also allowed the actors to see the overall story right from the start so they knew how to develop their characters.

SGU is more vapid than most of the daytime soaps on these days.

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
B5 was perhaps the best written and underrated science fiction to be aired on television, light years ahead of its time (and with some debate perhaps it arrived ahead of its time). G'kar, the story arc for him from start to finish was amazing, the transition was perfect in my opinion. And getting even better the speeches they gave were the most memorable ones to date, like this for example. You had action sequences which had emotional weight, for example the episode severed dreams (i think it was that, when B5 leaves the earth alliance) you only met the guest characters for like 15 minutes yet I actually cared. SGU characters the fact that I'm wishing harm on them is an obvious sign.
Edit: The way how the alien races interacted with each other was also good, the culteral differences (like when lennier and vir moments were funny) Kosh, Vorlons perhaps the best enigmatic race and the shadow's the best villian both of which had methods of influence and the worst part of it all, neither side was right, each one you could agree with.

Also best speech ever!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjmxIWLEaU

The acting is also superb, the look of regret on Londo and the broken but defiant G'kar, freaking awesome.

Now I'm depressed, clinging onto an empire that has long since fallen to the petty squablings of teenage romance and angst, next episode on SGU, genital warts.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
It's also too bad Crusade (the follow on with Gary Coleman as captain) didn't have the steam to keep going. Because of the goofy network situation (Warner etc.) ratings and distribution were shakey at best. But they were massive compared to SG Poop.

I guess the guy I liked most was Londo. Along with bad boy Jerry Doyle.

Watching the beginning of S4 last night I was stuck by the fact that this was really good stuff. I guess that's why I never really bothered with DS9 (you know, Sisko and his kid). And BB5 never resorted to hyped-up field location shooting for ratings tricks.

It sure had some amazing rubber faced aliens too. (Emmy winning) On the big screen G'Kar is incredible as is Londo. No way can I find makeup errors. None of those rubber Jaffa helmets there either.

I think I'll look around for the movies on torrent. I seem to forget the plot of those ones.

iratecaller

GateFans Noob
View attachment 642

What no movie collection? Lost tales???

Hehehe I'm just kidding.

The B5 box set should be behind glass when not in use.

Precious, precious material.

.... I wouldn't even use a autographed SGU box set to prop up a cat's litter box. SGU just doesn't cut it!

Star Hunter, now THAT's a good litter box prop-up tool.

B5, well that's show case material.

B5 sits snugly besides the SG-1 box set (the one with the plastic gate) and to the right of the Firefly box set on our media shelf.

fumblesmcstupid

GateFans Noob
When I got my Tax Return the year before last, I walked into our local Fred Meyers and bought all 5 seasons at (Gulp) $45 per season. I went home and My mom (R.I.P) and my brother and I watched all of the episodes. WHEW that took about two weeks. (none of us liked the first season that much) it moved too slow for us. I loved Michael O'Hare just as much as I love Bruce Boxlitner.

The second season was great.

The third season had some great stuff as well. My favorite episode is "And the Rock Cried Out No Hiding Place" Seeing Refa getting killed to a gospel song was incredible.

I loved the forth season the most because of Lorien and Michael. They were outstanding.

The fifth was hard to watch cause I don't really like Tracy Scoggins. I don't think she can act. (IMO)

enjoy your marathon.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
When I got my Tax Return the year before last, I walked into our local Fred Meyers and bought all 5 seasons at (Gulp) $45 per season. I went home and My mom (R.I.P) and my brother and I watched all of the episodes. WHEW that took about two weeks. (none of us liked the first season that much) it moved too slow for us. I loved Michael O'Hare just as much as I love Bruce Boxlitner.

The second season was great.

The third season had some great stuff as well. My favorite episode is "And the Rock Cried Out No Hiding Place" Seeing Refa getting killed to a gospel song was incredible.

I loved the forth season the most because of Lorien and Michael. They were outstanding.

The fifth was hard to watch cause I don't really like Tracy Scoggins. I don't think she can act. (IMO)

enjoy your marathon.

DITTO!!!! The less we talk about mckay the more we agree fumbles. :D

fumblesmcstupid

GateFans Noob
Can we talk about BYRON??

I have nothing against Robin Atkins Downes but, I HATED BYRON..

UGH (not as much as Keller :mrgreen:) I liked the story line...just hated Byron.

I love how they intermingled the scene With Garibaldi in the Deconstruction of Falling Stars, and the episode where Byron dies.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
It's also too bad Crusade (the follow on with Gary Coleman as captain) didn't have the steam to keep going.
I've got to say something, or my pointy little head will explode.

Gary Coleman was a short African American guy who died this year (2010).

Gary COLE (who played the lead in Crusade) played Lundberg in Office Space (and Sheriff Lucas Buck in American Gothic, as well as doing a dead-on Mike Brady in the Brady Bunch movies.

fumblesmcstupid

GateFans Noob