Falling Skies Gets Fourth Season

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I told you Maggie is now Lara Croft.

Basically treating it like a comedy has made it watchable to me. I still think a laugh track in the right places would enhance the experience.

Strangely, it is becoming more watchable for me as well. :) But what sits really well with me is the finality of it. It isnt a cancellation after a protracted "are we gonna be renewed?" period. They were given a chance to wrap the story up, and they have set it up for closure already. We did not get to see the initial invasion, but you can bet they will actually show us the victory.

Where does Lexi fit in? What will become of the Volm? What is to prevent the Ishveni from sending a new invasion force? They have hinted at the end without giving it away. :) Ill continue to watch.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
REALIZATION: When the energy station on the Moon is destroyed, the spikes in Ben and Maggie (and anyone else) will die....wont they?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And.....Lexi is back. Now she just destroys Isveni beamers by emitting energy bolts....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And.....Lexi is back. Now she just destroys Isveni beamers by emitting energy bolts....

Yep, and she is now "Good Lexi". But they are still using the hair fan. :) They have given her a weakness too, which means that she can be killed. I say she will sacrifice herself in the end to save the humans.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It would have been funnier if her spine had fluoresced and then she shot fire bolts out of her mouth at the Beamers. A la Gojira.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It would have been funnier if her spine had fluoresced and then she shot fire bolts out of her mouth at the Beamers. A la Gojira.

BAHAHAHA! That would make it more fun! Her hair blowing thing is lame. And now they have her in a red riding hood? She came off like an Evil Little Red Riding Hood. I loved it when she blew up her Ishveni father. :) And the thing with Ben and Maggie is meant to be. I dunno, Hal seems to have more chemistry between himself and his gun than with Maggie. The actor who plays Ben in this show is the best actor in the entire show by far.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well that's that for the season. They did indeed fly to the moon and destroy the moon base. Also it seems a bit like there may be two Lexi's in play here based on the ending. Still good for a comedy.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well that's that for the season. They did indeed fly to the moon and destroy the moon base. Also it seems a bit like there may be two Lexi's in play here based on the ending. Still good for a comedy.

I have not seen tonight's episode yet. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I have not seen tonight's episode yet. :)

Neither have I, but I don't plan to either. I watched The Strain instead. Even just looking at commercials for Failing Skies makes me roll my eyes now. And JL's description of the season finale only reinforces my decision to have given up on this turd. The whole Lexi thing was just too much to swallow -- and I say that having switched to watching a show about vampires, which is telling.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Neither have I, but I don't plan to either. I watched The Strain instead. Even just looking at commercials for Failing Skies makes me roll my eyes now. And JL's description of the season finale only reinforces my decision to have given up on this turd. The whole Lexi thing was just too much to swallow -- and I say that having switched to watching a show about vampires, which is telling.

Lexi and the Sith...er...Ishveni, were just a bit much for me. They can give her power to manipulate gravity and they can ball up dirt and make it into a communications device? :facepalm: They can do that, buit a tiny group of humans can give them a hard time and now evidently destroy them too? :happy0007:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Funny with the Lexi thing and the wind blown hair

some tptb must be a fan of this "real life" wind in hair-when there is no wind, Lexi

upload_2014-9-1_23-16-1.jpeg

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I just hope this show doesn't retard any future hydrogen-3 extraction from the moon as that is actually a pretty cool idea....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Funny with the Lexi thing and the wind blown hair

some tptb must be a fan of this "real life" wind in hair-when there is no wind, Lexi

View attachment 30285

My favorite was when they first did the hair blowing thing...she was INSIDE with Ben. :smiley-laughing011: How did her hair start blowing, but his didnt? They were inside the freaking building, mkay? :anim_59: Hell, it has been sorta muggy out here in CA. I would love to have her inside my pad. I could just perhaps keep her pissed a bit so her hair would blow constantly (and keep my place nice and cool). :icon10:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
My favorite was when they first did the hair blowing thing...she was INSIDE with Ben. :smiley-laughing011: How did her hair start blowing, but his didnt? They were inside the freaking building, mkay? :anim_59: Hell, it has been sorta muggy out here in CA. I would love to have her inside my pad. I could just perhaps keep her pissed a bit so her hair would blow constantly (and keep my place nice and cool). :icon10:

wow OM--triple post--thats like a GF's rookie mistake :playful: :anim_59:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, first off...the moon has has NOT yet been destroyed. The episode leaves Lexi and Tom in space in the beamer, headed to the Moon. But we did get to see a scenario of after the base is destroyed. But it is not real, it is a dream induced by being in stasis in a cocoon. There is just one Lexi, and although we get to see a different Lexi (a brunette), the original platinum blonde Lexi is still the real one.

I think we are in for a great last season, and then the show will end. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I think you're one episode behind.

Their next episode has the Beamer intercepted by another ship, Tom kills Lexi's controller, Lexi does a kamikaze routine on the moon power unit and Tom is alone and adrift in space in the Beamer but is rescued by a different alien at the very end (which is why I alluded to potentially two Lexi's).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Their next episode has the Beamer intercepted by another ship, Tom kills Lexi's controller, Lexi does a kamikaze routine on the moon power unit and Tom is alone and adrift in space in the Beamer but is rescued by a different alien at the very end (which is why I alluded to potentially two Lexi's).

I have not seen that one then. :) Is that episode 12?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I am getting episode 12 as I type this. :) Im going to have some stuff to say (hey, I warned ya!). Overall, this season is basically a wash. The big thing in it was Lexi, with the entire season basically pivoting on her and the sudden possibility of just about anything coming about as a result of her powers. We dont even know what she can do yet. Her powers are allegedly "divine", right?