Best Buy displaying TWO slots of SGU but only one of Atlantis? Well (watch video).....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I know that Rac80 and I have both claimed on these boards to intentionally hide SGU videos. I do it every chance I get, and this was no different except at least they are in the same section of the store. USUALLY, I grab them all, and then head over to the PS2 games section where they get distributed behind thick rows of old bargain bin games (the packages are the same size). :) This time, they just got hidden behind Atlantis videos. I didnt want the store people to watch me filming my act as I walked over to the PS2 games section.

:biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N66Pa3TMsY

:rotflmao::sgusucks:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Who me? *bats eyes innocently* sabotage the sales of sgpoo?
smiley_panic.gif
well!
angelichalo.gif

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Ya know you are only making life harder for the poor bastards who have to make the shop look good don't you? I very much doubt that anyone would pick up SGU as an "impulse buy" :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ya know you are only making life harder for the poor bastards who have to make the shop look good don't you? I very much doubt that anyone would pick up SGU as an "impulse buy" :P

Depends on the store...this Best Buy is on Pacific Coast Highway in Torrance, and every Tuesday when they get shipments is very telling. I have had my three or four copies of SGU to bury in the games section, but the ones I put there from TWO WEEKS ago are still there! In Fry's Electronics, they only carry two copies of only the latest DVD set (complete season). I just drop those behind the display which is basically like a black hole. Perhaps once every 6 months, they move the display to clean behind them. Good thing is that the store system shows the DVDs as being "in stock" when there are none on the shelves. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You rascal!

Best Buy has been my latest target, but Fry's Electronics no longer carries it. :). Funny moment was when I had a handful of SGU dvds waiting until I could go to the PS2 games section, and this guy sees me with them and says "Oh man, you should pick the other Stargate stuff, that show is not the same as the others. Not a good gift." :icon_eek: :icon_razz: :icon_lol:. He had on a B5 tshirt, was about 30-ish.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Best Buy has been my latest target, but Fry's Electronics no longer carries it. :). Funny moment was when I had a handful of SGU dvds waiting until I could go to the PS2 games section, and this guy sees me with them and says "Oh man, you should pick the other Stargate stuff, that show is not the same as the others. Not a good gift." :icon_eek: :icon_razz: :icon_lol:. He had on a B5 tshirt, was about 30-ish.

I rest any case that may be made. If a SALESMAN reccomends you NOT TO BUY, then thats it, frelling game over.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I rest any case that may be made. If a SALESMAN reccomends you NOT TO BUY, then thats it, frelling game over.

The guy in Best Buy was another shopper. :) My local video store (they miss me because of Netflix) told me way back after the first season 1.0 DVD came out that the store had gotten a carton of the DVDs and in a whole month, only three sold. The store sent them back, and they have not carried it since. However, the latest SGU set is in there now...2 copies. :( My buddy still works there, but now in the daytime. I think I mentioned this at that other site last year.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
The guy in Best Buy was another shopper. :)
Ah, fair enough.

My local video store (they miss me because of Netflix) told me way back after the first season 1.0 DVD came out that the store had gotten a carton of the DVDs and in a whole month, only three sold. The store sent them back, and they have not carried it since. However, the latest SGU set is in there now...2 copies. :( My buddy still works there, but now in the daytime. I think I mentioned this at that other site last year.

It makes sense for a video store to have a few copies of SGU, they really need anything they can to turn a buck. Having said that however, I don't know if Scifi *TV* is the best choice of genre's to keep for a video store. Most scifi fans ARE tech savvy and will either be watching live, DVR'ed, on-line or torrenting, it's just the way it is.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
The guy in Best Buy was another shopper. :) My local video store (they miss me because of Netflix) told me way back after the first season 1.0 DVD came out that the store had gotten a carton of the DVDs and in a whole month, only three sold. The store sent them back, and they have not carried it since. However, the latest SGU set is in there now...2 copies. :( My buddy still works there, but now in the daytime. I think I mentioned this at that other site last year.

my local video store has closed :(...thank the monkey gods for On Demand! ;) I never saw an sgpoo in there. but then I wouldn't bother look for it! :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
my local video store has closed :(...thank the monkey gods for On Demand! ;) I never saw an sgpoo in there. but then I wouldn't bother look for it! :P

Mine is still there...Premiere Video at 725 S Pacific Coast Hwy http://www.yelp.com/biz/premiere-video-redondo-beach. But BOTH the Blockbuster Video stores have closed, and the Hollywood Video store in Torrance is having a going out of business sale and will be closed at the end of this month.

premiere video.jpg

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Read this to my daughter and she giggled and said "Oh man, how funny!".

She's as bad as her dear, gentle, evil old Mommy.