B5 is now available on Amazon Prime

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
season 5

the show could have defi been much better without so many appearance by 'telepathetic jesus'- Byron

and just not so much telepath stuff in general

forgot about that too...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
season 5

the show could have defi been much better without so many appearance by 'telepathetic jesus'- Byron

and just not so much telepath stuff in general

forgot about that too...

I started a rewatch of this on Amazon Prime last night. :) I watched seasons 1 and 2, and I am doing the rest today. Its amazing how well this show holds up over the years, and how infinitely rewatchable it is. It was serial and episodic, and was the format used by DS9 too. Somehow, Babylon 5 seemed more organic, and the aliens were more alien to each other than in DS9. I loved the way they developed the Minbari and Narn and Centauris as well as the Vorlons. It was a complete universe which was not like any other show, even DS9 (although you can clearly see that DS9 was influenced by Babylon 5).

About Byron, I didn't want to remember him, but he came late in the show and I am still on Season 2. They overuse him in the show, true. But the episodes he is in are part of a story arc, and yeah they stretched him out. I won't worry about him yet. But he comes in season 5 I think.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Somehow, Babylon 5 seemed more organic, and the aliens were more alien to each other than in DS9. I loved the way they developed the Minbari and Narn and Centauris as well as the Vorlons.

trek- verse, a good part of the milky way is know and the peoples in it to each other, hence the intro of the wormhole to the other quadrant
but i liked ds9 for th emost part, not as well as B5, but ds9 had its good moments

in b5, when i rewatched it. in addition to the other things i posted having forgot about it (like all the tolkien references for one) the main races also remined me of- were a good representation of-- the various aspects of a human being

vorlons--very advanced and intelligent et the held knowledge hostage to control the other races

centauri--human greed and vice

narns- the base aspects of man (maybe why they are portrayed lizrd like?) need for revenge, for power,etc,etc

I started a rewatch of this on Amazon Prime last night. :) I watched seasons 1 and 2, and I am doing the rest today. Its amazing how well this show holds up over the years, and how infinitely rewatchable it is. It was serial and episodic, and was the format used by DS9 too. Somehow, Babylon 5 seemed more organic, and the aliens were more alien to each other than in DS9. I loved the way they developed the Minbari and Narn and Centauris as well as the Vorlons. It was a complete universe which was not like any other show, even DS9 (although you can clearly see that DS9 was influenced by Babylon 5).

About Byron, I didn't want to remember him, but he came late in the show and I am still on Season 2. They overuse him in the show, true. But the episodes he is in are part of a story arc, and yeah they stretched him out. I won't worry about him yet. But he comes in season 5 I think.

I got Amazon Prime but I've been catching B5 on COMET TV which just started to air it. I haven't had time to sit and binge watch it yet so it works to just catch the episodes on TV. I might eventually switch to watching it on Prime though.

It is a good show and I definitely like it better than DS9. Everything is just better about it in terms of a space station, the aliens, the story lines, etc.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I got Amazon Prime but I've been catching B5 on COMET TV which just started to air it. I haven't had time to sit and binge watch it yet so it works to just catch the episodes on TV. I might eventually switch to watching it on Prime though.

It is a good show and I definitely like it better than DS9. Everything is just better about it in terms of a space station, the aliens, the story lines, etc.

and i am glad the sfx were not 'cutting edge' for the time. imo that would have just distracted from the great stories they told

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
and i am glad the sfx were not 'cutting edge' for the time. imo that would have just distracted from the great stories they told

Yeah, that is true but I always felt that this show deserved better graphics. The graphics they did have were okay as far as doing their part in portraying space encounters and battles, but they were not effective for showing dogfights or conveying awe. Babylon 5 is 5 MILES long, and on screen that should have been a majestic sight. DS9 managed to make the station look majestic, even though it was not even 1/10 the size of Babylon 5.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I tried to Google the scene when Sheridan meets with the Pak'ma'ra and this came up.

Watch the above or go with this one: