Australian TV 'originals' on NETFLIX and AMAZON

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Of course netflix claims them as their originals but, they are not.

Most of them have aired on Australian tv

For starters he are two new ones and I'll mention one other that does have its on thread, but just slip it in here as well

new

PINE GAP. It does have some tropish elements but, is a fairly original idea. Story is based around a ops crew working at the US/AUS joint intell base PINE GAP near Alice Springs Australia.

it has some of the expected inter personal drama based around the tensions that you would think occur in the intell gathering services as well as the tensions between citizens of the two nations.

This show has has its main them a growing dscord between the US and AUS over the ANZACUS treaty and a American's president's refusal to give assurances to defend AUS should the need arise.

We also have a them of AUS being pressured by China (both diplomatically and financially= natural gas exploration jobs) to back away froM he ANZACUS treaty on its own.

it is 6 episodes (why are so many AUS shows confined to 6 episodes a season?! )

great site locations

https://www.netflix.com/title/80195198

----------------
SECRET CITY

Another show with some same elements as PINE GAP with Chinese pressure on AUS, but this is told from the perspective of a journalist and her ex husband investigating a murder

Brings in elements that one of our resident Australians here often talks about; govt spying and listening to the calls and private lives of its citizens. @singularity
6 eps

https://www.netflix.com/title/80211136
---------------------------------
and the 'old ' one, GLITCH, which has not yet been decided on for a new series, the first 2 are quite good though. again it has it's own thread here for it

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Can you guys give me the premise in a nutshell for Glitch?

ppl climb out fo their graves

just about 6 (i think) al lfrom the same graveyard in rural australia

at first you think zombie crap, but no, these ppl are not mindless brain eaters, they have some amnesia-temporary- but other then that, they are ok

but, they are from diff times. one guy was the frst mayor of the town over 100 yrs ago. another was a ww1 anzac vet, other more recent.

the local cop gets involved when one of the returnees is his dead wife (he is married again since)

he takes them to a local country dr who vows secrecy,etc

over time, we see that they have restrictions, mainly, cannot go past a certain distance from the town or they die again

s2 we see the dr has connections to a local pharma development and manufacturer. we get hints that a new drug was being tested and that this 'revival' of these ppl was a type of field test where the med may have been dumped on the graveyard---OR, it is also thought that the drug was illegal and to hide evidence the company dumped the stuff there regardless of its being a cemetery

i think s3 is going to get more into the motivations of the corporation, etc

i am sure i missed some stuff, but that is a 'nutshell'. it has drama, comedy (especially with the old first mayor guy) and is seemingly well made. each season s only 6 eps and is very easy to consume