Aquaman gets his own movie

Apologies if someone has already mentioned this but I don't recall seeing it. Turns out they're making a solo Aquaman movie. I thought DC nixxed all these solo projects, other than Wonder Woman, awhile ago so I wasn't expecting an Aquaman movie. At any rate, here's a detailed article about the movie:

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/aq...cast-costume-and-everything-you-need-to-know/

roflbot (1).jpg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Looks awful.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Apologies if someone has already mentioned this but I don't recall seeing it. Turns out they're making a solo Aquaman movie. I thought DC nixxed all these solo projects, other than Wonder Woman, awhile ago so I wasn't expecting an Aquaman movie. At any rate, here's a detailed article about the movie:

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/aq...cast-costume-and-everything-you-need-to-know/

View attachment 34236

FAIL (in advance). Jason Momoa, Aquaman, DC Cinema. How can it not fail miserably?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
One of my friends recently saw Justice League and drooling over Jason Momoa, had to introduce her to SGA season 2. She is nuts about, so for "women of a certain age", Aquaman might be a hit! ;) :anim_40::anim_40::anim_40::anim_40::anim_40:

Seems like they are trying too hard to make him cool like some surfer dude.

To me, it seems like DC's version of Thor. Very formulaic replete with snarky observations by the uber cool lead character. Nothing new here, we've seen it all before. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on it, I'm just not excited for it. If it does well at the box office I'll be surprised.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
To me, it seems like DC's version of Thor. Very formulaic replete with snarky observations by the uber cool lead character. Nothing new here, we've seen it all before. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on it, I'm just not excited for it. If it does well at the box office I'll be surprised.

Seems to me that he spends a lot of time on land. I never quite understood the lore of Aquaman, so if nothing else it is worth seeing on that basis alone, even if it does not match the comicverse. They show him as a kid, so this is sort of a genesis movie for Aquaman, right? I will see it and then if it warrants, pick it's bones here on a review thread. :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I dunno. Whenever I heard the name Aquaman, I was always like what the fuck kinda superhero is that? But this looks intriguing enough for me to see. I also quite liked what they did with Wonderwoman and this feels like it could be in the same ballpark.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I dunno. Whenever I heard the name Aquaman, I was always like what the fuck kinda superhero is that? But this looks intriguing enough for me to see. I also quite liked what they did with Wonderwoman and this feels like it could be in the same ballpark.

Yeah, I think they probably deviated from stuff in the comic books (I didn't read Aquaman), and perhaps they gave him an interesting origin. Within the DC universe, he might prove to be a winner for them on par with Marvel superheroes. Wonder Woman was awesome, but they have seriously damaged Superman and Batman in my opinion. Affleck's butthurt Batman really got under my skin. The trailer is showing me a wisecracking, Aquabro' who might be entertaining. It has to be better than Conan!

Seems to me that he spends a lot of time on land. I never quite understood the lore of Aquaman, so if nothing else it is worth seeing on that basis alone, even if it does not match the comicverse. They show him as a kid, so this is sort of a genesis movie for Aquaman, right? I will see it and then if it warrants, pick it's bones here on a review thread. :)

I think it will be ok for a 1-off movie, but I don't really see there being a chain of Aquaman films.

Wonderwoman is different in that she's had her own TV show and is more popularly known compared to Aquaman. Plus she lives on land whereas AM is, obviously, water-based. This is fine for one movie, maybe two, but after awhile people are going to get tired of that nonsense. (I already find the underwater scenes tedious.)

But hey, if Momoa makes some decent cheddar from this gig then more power to him. I certainly won't hate on that. :beckett_new049:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I got a friend who is dying to see the movie. She's going to "make" me go with her to it, I think! :P

She saw him (momoa) in justice league and was drooling so I introduced her to SGA! :D:anim_40::anim_40::anim_40::anim_40::anim_40: