Aquaman: A Review

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, I liked this movie a lot! This is an origin story, and although it did some modern retconning, it was more than acceptable, and Jason Momoa has found his niche. He IS Aquaman, and the role he plays as Aquaman could not really be done by another actor the way they wrote it. :) This is a good thing, because he is great in it.

This is first and foremost an action/adventure film. There is some romance, and the tone is most definitely blockbuster+popcorn. But what a great ride! I could watch this movie over and over because it's fun, and beautiful, and has some genuinely satisfying scenes in it. The story is engaging enough to serve as a backbone of the film.

Until others have weighed in, I won't post spoilers but this movie gets 4 out of 5 stars from me.

4starsstars.jpg

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
That's some high marks there. I'm looking forward to seeing this, but don't know when I will.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Haven't seen it yet, too busy. But over Christmas some ladies from Church got together and went- for the drool factor! :anim_40::anim_40::anim_40::anim_40: I got inundated by texts telling me I must see this movie. I texted them back that Jason Momoa was in SGA and I had already spent hours watching him take on and off shirts. :SmileyLaughingTears::SmileyLaughingTears::SmileyLaughingTears::SmileyLaughingTears::SmileyLaughingTears::SmileyLaughingTears:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Haven't seen it yet, too busy. But over Christmas some ladies from Church got together and went- for the drool factor! :anim_40::anim_40::anim_40::anim_40: I got inundated by texts telling me I must see this movie. I texted them back that Jason Momoa was in SGA and I had already spent hours watching him take on and off shirts. :SmileyLaughingTears::SmileyLaughingTears::SmileyLaughingTears::SmileyLaughingTears::SmileyLaughingTears::SmileyLaughingTears:

I hadn't really thought of it much but yeah you get to see your boy shirtless for much of the movie. :) Jason Momoa was the best guy they could have gotten for this movie. He is already a major surf bro, so his personality and love for the water is perfect. His humor also was a nice surprise. I can't imagine anyone else playing this role except him.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Interesting. Two out of the last three DC films have been competent and watchable (Justice League was an incoherent mess). If they just stick to the formula used in this and Wonder Woman they will do well.