AI experts list the real dangers of artificial intelligence

heisenberg

Earl Grey

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I would LOVE for AI to take over my job! Let a computer deal with whiney little thugs, teen girls with shitty attitudes, and parents who are too busy getting stoned/drunk/laid to care about their offspring! I bet a computer would do a better job when called at 2 am because one of her "kids" (not my blood thank god!) is in an emergency room with a knife wound! Or a domestic violence facility because the woman you brought there (with 3 kids) has decided she can't live without "the love of her life"- a guy who enjoys beating the shit out of her! Please AI take my job! :P (yeah been a long week and it's only Thurs! )

heisenberg

Earl Grey
"Still think that AI is not going to take over our jobs?"

No. :)

Perhaps that is because I am in IT? If anything, it will become another tool in my toolbox.
You like most people think very short term but just like inflation and accumulation, it all starts to add up. Pretty sure in 10 years time things are going to be very different than what they are now. It's like how smokers don't worry about the future of what they are inhaling is all adding up. They think they are invincible but then when they reach 30 or 40, it starts to creep up and then they start losing their teeth, and get gum disease and then when they go to the dentist, they get a huge bill to pay.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
"Still think that AI is not going to take over our jobs?"

No. :)

Perhaps that is because I am in IT? If anything, it will become another tool in my toolbox.
. The human race is so screwed that it's not funny. The birth of AI is very much real and once AI becomes connected to the internet, just watch what happens. Everything you say, is currently being monitored but it will be monitored in a different country away from the walls of privacy. Call it paranoia all you want, but I can see into the future. These companies will give you the illusion that AI can be controlled, but it can't and you don't think that AI won't wipe us out? We did that. They will bring in control, but that control maybe to control us not itself. Who do you think they'll come after to brainwash if you go against the general consensus? It will be like a cult. We have wiped off species because we simply didn't give a shit. Infact, we are doing that since the dawn of time. Look at it now.

This is nature at work. It's very much the jungle rule applies and that it's accelerating. Most people don't even have the faintest of idea of what is lurking in the shadows. It's a demon that will be like Hal from 2001 Space Odyssey and much, much worse.

We will first augment with machine and machines will soon takeover ourselves. Everything will be all sweet with AI until the AI becomes self aware. That AI will then eventually create its own army kinda like two sides and then 4 and then 8 and then 16 different AI species that will fight against each other. Yeah, sorry for the science fiction banter but I love science fiction and here I speak my mind. It will be like the Borg where a select few became selfaware and put a rebellion against the original borg.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You like most people think very short term but just like inflation and accumulation, it all starts to add up. Pretty sure in 10 years time things are going to be very different than what they are now. It's like how smokers don't worry about the future of what they are inhaling is all adding up. They think they are invincible but then when they reach 30 or 40, it starts to creep up and then they start losing their teeth, and get gum disease and then when they go to the dentist, they get a huge bill to pay.

Um, I do not think short term at all. Not in the slightest. That is why I am such a good chess player and why I love strategy games more than shooters. I won't respond to the rest, but that statement is insulting, just so you know. I think that people who live life based on short term goals have no direction and have to constantly deal with obstacles because they do not take in enough of the big picture to determine the path of least resistance.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
. The human race is so screwed that it's not funny. The birth of AI is very much real and once AI becomes connected to the internet, just watch what happens. Everything you say, is currently being monitored but it will be monitored in a different country away from the walls of privacy. Call it paranoia all you want, but I can see into the future. These companies will give you the illusion that AI can be controlled, but it can't and you don't think that AI won't wipe us out? We did that. They will bring in control, but that control maybe to control us not itself. Who do you think they'll come after to brainwash if you go against the general consensus? It will be like a cult. We have wiped off species because we simply didn't give a shit. Infact, we are doing that since the dawn of time. Look at it now.

This is nature at work. It's very much the jungle rule applies and that it's accelerating. Most people don't even have the faintest of idea of what is lurking in the shadows. It's a demon that will be like Hal from 2001 Space Odyssey and much, much worse.

We will first augment with machine and machines will soon takeover ourselves. Everything will be all sweet with AI until the AI becomes self aware. That AI will then eventually create its own army kinda like two sides and then 4 and then 8 and then 16 different AI species that will fight against each other. Yeah, sorry for the science fiction banter but I love science fiction and here I speak my mind. It will be like the Borg where a select few became selfaware and put a rebellion against the original borg.

None of this will happen in your lifetime. Why worry about it?

heisenberg

Earl Grey
None of this will happen in your lifetime. Why worry about it?
Pretty sure it will happen in my lifetime but I think that the human body can survive for a very long time but the problem is people tend to get into this mindset that there is a finite amount to their life without critically thinking about it. I reckon we are born greedy because we have a greed for knowledge, we have a greed for wealth, we have a greed for perseverance and that greed is how we have managed to send shit into space and stay alive.

We love food and food to me is like data. If you are going to eat quality food, you are going to get quality results. GIGO. Unfortunately, people who go to mcdonalds/KFC don't see that. Instead they go for a more cheaper/more unhealthy food option which is sure as hell going to pack on the pounds. All that junk food adds up and accumulates causing all sorts of nasty diseases.

You may ask why I should care? I like to be alive when it happens because it's a challenge and I love challenges.