Yahoo! front page today ... Romney Makes 2012 Presidential Bid Official?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
What the hell? I just snapped this on Yahoo!'s front page. Right below it is a story about Will Smith's new movie and how it paled in comparison to Fast 6.

When I clicked on the story to make sure Romney wasn't on drugs or it wasn't a joke, I saw that the story has no date but discussed Romney's "upcoming" bid!

romney.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LOL! Dude, you still go to Yahoo? :anim_59: I havent even seen their site for at least 2 years. :) Funny as hell! How do you think that happened?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
LOL! Dude, you still go to Yahoo? :anim_59: I havent even seen their site for at least 2 years. :) Funny as hell! How do you think that happened?

I have no idea how Yahoo prioritizes its stories but they have some funny ass comments. The comments alone keep me laughing throughout the day.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yahoo really sucks for news of any kind. :anim_59:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yahoo really sucks for news of any kind. :anim_59:

Did you mean: Yahoo really sucks! for news of any kind. :anim_59:?

I havent been there in more than 2 years. I think I have an old email address there floating around in Yahoo somewhere...cant remember it tho. :confused0006: Yahoo lost their exclamation mark long ago. :chargrined:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So what uber Geek nerdist site do you go to for online news? :D

If you looked closely, you would see that Yahoo has very little news of its own; it is mostly "clearinghouse" stuff originated from other agencies like Reuters or LiveScience,etc.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So what uber Geek nerdist site do you go to for online news? :D

If you looked closely, you would see that Yahoo has very little news of its own; it is mostly "clearinghouse" stuff originated from other agencies like Reuters or LiveScience,etc.

Google. They are the backbone of all aggregators. :) Anything news will appear on Google before it shows up anywhere else (because they get it from Google as well). The source will have it first, and Google will pick it up immediately. Yahoo even used to use Google's search engine. :anim_59:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I just checked google news--they have the same 5 or 6 top stories as yahoo

don't see any point in changing other then if I wanted to say "I am now on team Google"

and besides, I already use chrome so that's enough :anim_59: