X-Files Season 11 Trailer

18966b9d10b115b1b6cb323f744ca10e.gif

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Ecclesiastes 3King James Version (KJV)
3 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

I'm not religious but this sums up my feelings regarding this show (and others) in the abstract. TV shows have a life, they're born, they grow, then they die. We need to stop trying to keep them alive forever. The more we stretch the credulity of the premises the more diluted and lame they become.

X Files
should have been put to rest years ago. Same with Star Trek. Same with Stargate. Put this shit to bed and give us something completely new.

this season is a mere shell of what xfiles once was

it all seems forced and hurriedly written with an emphasis on trying to capture those fan fav moments from 20yrs ago

and it is too light hearted/ comical. i really liked it when there was an ep like that before. this time around they seem to be aiming for that to be the standard

the old show had a lot of xfile crime and stuff like the eps with Donny Pfaster that didn't make light of the seriousness of the crimes committed

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
x-files because it seems that the actors are getting tired.

they both have been around making a lot of stuff lately

a lot of not so good either

Duchovny's AQUARIUS was half ok and Anderson's BBC series THE FALL was pretty good

I'd rather much see either of them doing new things like this then being forced to try and recapture 20yr old chemistry on the xfiles

i would though, like to see an XFILES with new actors; a continuation of the main story not any remake

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
this season is a mere shell of what xfiles once was

it all seems forced and hurriedly written with an emphasis on trying to capture those fan fav moments from 20yrs ago

and it is too light hearted/ comical. i really liked it when there was an ep like that before. this time around they seem to be aiming for that to be the standard

the old show had a lot of xfile crime and stuff like the eps with Donny Pfaster that didn't make light of the seriousness of the crimes committed

Well, let's be real. Very very few people still believe that UFOs are randomly landing in rural Mississippi or the everglades abducting people who can't read and doing experiments on them and then wiping their memories (which conveniently are recovered by a famous psychologist which sells the screenplay). People are not reporting UFOs suddenly appearing over fields and then shooting into space "at high velocity". UFOs, aliens and conspiracy theories involving extraterrestrial stuff IS comedy to some people. Also, let's face it...XFiles 2.0 was created to capitalize on the fans of the original show.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well, let's be real. Very very few people still believe that UFOs are randomly landing in rural Mississippi or the everglades abducting people who can't read and doing experiments on them and then wiping their memories (which conveniently are recovered by a famous psychologist which sells the screenplay). People are not reporting UFOs suddenly appearing over fields and then shooting into space "at high velocity". UFOs, aliens and conspiracy theories involving extraterrestrial stuff IS comedy to some people. Also, let's face it...XFiles 2.0 was created to capitalize on the fans of the original show.

i agree. and though the ufo deal was what turned out to be the xfiles main story, i enjoyed the non alien stories far better

donny pfaster, the tie in/launch story for MILLENIUM. not the monster of the week ones, but the other crimes that dealt with paranormal, non alien issues. those are the ones i liked the most