Writing...

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Spending the day working on some writing (fiction and vampire related, but NO, they don't freaking SPARKLE!!).

I'll check in periodically during the day. :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I hate the Twilight vampires as written by Stefanie Meyer. Sparkling vampires for all intents and purposes appearing to be made out of stone. Gawd!

I also hate the idea of "half vampire" children. In my mythos, dead things can't generate life. It's just not possible.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Is this the vampire story spanning the 1800's?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Taking a break from that one. Trying something different. I'm writing from a female point of view.

It was one of those times when you wake up with the idea of your book firmly in your head, so you get to writing the outline so you don't lose what you've got so far.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Taking a break from that one. Trying something different. I'm writing from a female point of view.

It was one of those times when you wake up with the idea of your book firmly in your head, so you get to writing the outline so you don't lose what you've got so far.

Yup, I know exactly what you mean. I used to write a lot. When a good idea comes it's good to get it down on paper so to speak.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
How's your day been treating you, Ape?

It's been sorta sucky and sorta not. Been to 2 doc appointments today. Had a stupid albeit required 6 month check up with primary doc that I had to go to or my insurance would get screwed up. Even though I had just been to him a couple weeks ago for a knee problem my insurance won't count that as a visit for their requirements. Dumb, but nothing I could do.

Then had afternoon appointment with an ortho for a follow up to my knee MRI. Turns out I don't have a torn meniscus, which is a big relief! Wasn't looking forward to surgery. Have to go to PT for the knee though and see if that helps. If not then I'll have to have surgery but it's looking unlikely so I'm happy about that.

The sucky part of that visit was the exam of my shoulder which is messed up now, sigh. :( Going for PT on that also, but if that doesn't work then I have to go for a horrible MRI where I'll be stuck head first inside the machine for an hour. I hate getting MRI's!

Worst part is that I have to suspend some exercising so as not to make the shoulder worse. So no more push ups and even planks and yoga has to be put on hold.

Given all that I'm actually in a good mood. I've learned with medical stuff I just have to be patient and let things unfold as they will. Not much more I can do.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy and uneventful recovery, if that's cool with you.

/hugs to my favorite Ape

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy and uneventful recovery, if that's cool with you.

/hugs to my favorite Ape

Aw thanks, you're a peach! :)

Hope that post didn't sound like whining as to be honest I'm pretty even keel about these sorts of things. The one thing that makes me grumble though is all the hoops one has to jump thru for this stuff. I've got some pretty good docs and they've been incredibly efficient but there's always one that there's an issue with. Had a stupid insurance gaffe with a rheumatalogist (sp?) that I was approved for and then later my insurance said he wasn't approved, back and forth, back and forth. Ugh! So now I've got to start all over from square one (of sorts) with a different rheumy that they say is in my network.

Ah, the joys of arthritis coupled with the bureaucracy of the health insurance industry! It's a beautiful thing -- if one is a masochist that is. :(

Thanks for the good thoughts though. Keep us apprised of your writing endeavors. Always helps to have a sounding board.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Aw thanks, you're a peach! :)

Hope that post didn't sound like whining as to be honest I'm pretty even keel about these sorts of things. The one thing that makes me grumble though is all the hoops one has to jump thru for this stuff. I've got some pretty good docs and they've been incredibly efficient but there's always one that there's an issue with. Had a stupid insurance gaffe with a rheumatalogist (sp?) that I was approved for and then later my insurance said he wasn't approved, back and forth, back and forth. Ugh! So now I've got to start all over from square one (of sorts) with a different rheumy that they say is in my network.

Ah, the joys of arthritis coupled with the bureaucracy of the health insurance industry! It's a beautiful thing -- if one is a masochist that is. :(

Thanks for the good thoughts though. Keep us apprised of your writing endeavors. Always helps to have a sounding board.
Being able to vent about things is always a good thing, though, Ape. Internalizing things just makes things worse.

I've got fibromyalgia, so I pretty much live on Ibuprofen, since it seems to give SOME help for things.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Being able to vent about things is always a good thing, though, Ape. Internalizing things just makes things worse.

I've got fibromyalgia, so I pretty much live on Ibuprofen, since it seems to give SOME help for things.

Yup, got the fibro diagnosis myself. Ibuprofen/Naproxen only do so much to alleviate the pain though. I'm sure you know how it is.

Just trying to watch my diet to see if that helps. Sucks that my exercising has been curtailed. I'm the type of person that needs to be in motion, that's when I function best.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Yup, got the fibro diagnosis myself. Ibuprofen/Naproxen only do so much to alleviate the pain though. I'm sure you know how it is.

Just trying to watch my diet to see if that helps. Sucks that my exercising has been curtailed. I'm the type of person that needs to be in motion, that's when I function best.
When it gets really humid, I seem to suffer the most. I just ache all over. Saying it sucks is really an understatement.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I hate the Twilight vampires as written by Stefanie Meyer. Sparkling vampires for all intents and purposes appearing to be made out of stone. Gawd!

I also hate the idea of "half vampire" children. In my mythos, dead things can't generate life. It's just not possible.

The "dead" vampire of yesterday has all but disappeared, IMO, and morphed into the modern vampire having a dash of science-fiction injected into the genre over the last few decades. The modern vampire is a product of a viral infection and can even be "cured".

Even in folklore, I'd always thought calling vampires "undead" or "dead" was more of a metaphorical insinuation due to the fact that the bitten suffer what resembles death before transforming into vampires.