Worlds greatest band announces tour!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
why was I expecting that you would be going nuts over the backstreet boys or N'Sync? :P:P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Two members of the world's greatest band chuckle at everyone's blighted opinion, and one rolls his eyes. They know you will be in the audience when the tour hits your town (and they thank you for putting yet another mink on their deserving backs ;) ).

rush-billboard-trio-3.jpg

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I saw Rush years ago in a big basketball arena and was amazed at how good they sounded live in a place like that. :)

SciphonicStranger

And may they live until they can do an actual 2112 Tour in 2112! Who knows, cryogenic suspension? :P Rush is one of my faves too. But Pink Floyd is my #1 :)

This will date me again, but I caught Pink Floyd (minus Waters :() in a big stadium show back in 1987. It is still the best concert I have ever attended. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This will date me again, but I caught Pink Floyd (minus Waters :() in a big stadium show back in 1987. It is still the best concert I have ever attended. ;)

OMG...please don't tell me that it was the LA Sport's Arena. I was at that concert as well! That was the very LAST live concert I ever attended. What a wild and awesome show that was. I could have gone for three days with that show. :) I was so wasted by the time A New Machine was performed, and it went so long that I was no longer on this planet. I think it was like 20 or 30 minutes long for just that song! And thinking about it, the stage sorta looked like it had a stargate on it!.

SciphonicStranger

OMG...please don't tell me that it was the LA Sport's Arena. I was at that concert as well! That was the very LAST live concert I ever attended. What a wild and awesome show that was. I could have gone for three days with that show. :) I was so wasted by the time A New Machine was performed, and it went so long that I was no longer on this planet. I think it was like 20 or 30 minutes long for just that song! And thinking about it, the stage sorta looked like it had a stargate on it!.

Nope, not LA - I was in Philly in the now departed JFK stadium. I remember being outside partying with my friends when we heard the first sonar beeps of Echos from the stadium. Then it was a mad scramble to get inside. I worked my way down to the field and lost all of my friends in the process. They had four encores. Each time the band went back behind stage after an encore people would leave and I managed to work my way up right against the stage for the final encore of Shine On You Crazy Diamond about 10 feet away from Gilmour. Not sure what heaven will be like but I think it should be something like that. :)

SciphonicStranger

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
To keep this thread on topic this is the setlist for the Rush show that I was at. :)

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/1992/reunion-arena-dallas-tx-53d553e5.html

I've seen every RUSH tour starting with Permanent Waves back in April of 1980 (checked the ticket stub). Was my very first concert. Blew me away! The light show was fantastic! I couldn't get over how Neil Peart's chrome drums changed color with each flick of the lights. The fact that my buddy Eric brought a full pack of "cigarettes" with him might have had something to do with me being blown away though. ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Nope, not LA - I was in Philly in the now departed JFK stadium. I remember being outside partying with my friends when we heard the first sonar beeps of Echos from the stadium. Then it was a mad scramble to get inside. I worked my way down to the field and lost all of my friends in the process. They had four encores. Each time the band went back behind stage after an encore people would leave and I managed to work my way up right against the stage for the final encore of Shine On You Crazy Diamond about 10 feet away from Gilmour. Not sure what heaven will be like but I think it should be something like that. :)

Every time I hear that song I can't help but think about that Simpsons episode where Mr. Burns gets into recycling. He has this exchange with an aging hippy and says "Shine on you crazy diamond". Too funny. I often wonder how many people caught that one.

206642.jpg

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Two members of the world's greatest band chuckle at everyone's blighted opinion, and one rolls his eyes. They know you will be in the audience when the tour hits your town (and they thank you for putting yet another mink on their deserving backs ;) ).

Well you tell them that it ain't gonna happen. I got more important stuff to use my money on. Now on the other hand if we were talking about a Muse concert, then it'd be a completely different story.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well you tell them that it ain't gonna happen. I got more important stuff to use my money on.

Stuff like Justin Bieber? He's all grown up now you know. ;)

bieber-hands-on.jpg

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
it's amazing to me how many women in their twenties are admitting they are pedophiles by being HUGE bieber fans. :puke: