Wonderful, Free, Powerful programs for every need!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
There is not a subforum for programs and apps we come across on the internet, so I thought I would share them as I fiund them and use them I hope others will add their favorites as well. Posting them here gives others the opportunity to share their experiences with them (if they have any), to advise of flaws or issues, and to recommend more.

So, I will start this one with a great program I found for SCREEN CAPTURING (video, .avi, audio, etc. I have used many of them on the market, but this one is called Ezvid. Here is their YouTube video:

I have been looking for something like this for a couple of years now, but all of the better solutions were expensive and lacked some of the features this program has. I hope to use it to create some HowTo videos for my business and perhaps other stuff for here. :)

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Man that video is so obnoxious lol, maybe it's the music and the guy. Neat program though, sort of. I use a couple of stuff on firefox, the downloadhelper and adblock plus.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I use the gimp on occasion - depends on the requirement. Also Eclipse.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yed is a BETTER replacement for Visio.

For 32-bit system:

For 64-bit system:

Before running this script, run below command in previous terminal to give its executable permission.

chmod +x yEd-3.12.2_*-bit_setup.sh
Finally run the script to bring up setup wizard:

./yEd-3.12.2_*-bit_setup.sh

yEd-graph-editor-wizard.jpg

Selection_009.png

Last edited: