Windoze 7 Glitch?

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Hey guys . I am having a bit of a glitch with windows 7 during playback of movies that I have downloaded or when I watch Netflix or play games .
The problem is this . When watching movies it seems to stall for a bit and make a buzzing noise like the audio is stalling at the same time .
My system is all Asus . I have replaced the board twice , now on my third board , on my second vid card , on my second psu . All drivers are the latest .

I have been reading online that it is a windows 7 issue and that they are not addressing it . I have never had this issue with any of my other builds with XP .
I'm not at my puter right now but I will upload my specs later .
Here is some info === Asus Sabertooth MB
Asus 8core unlocked 4.3
Asus 7870 Vid V2
32 Gigs Ram
2 SSD HD
1T HD
SB Audio
CM 1000 watt PSU
As you can see this is not a slow machine and it should not be stalling during playback of games or movies ,,, :( :( :(

Thanks

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hey guys . I am having a bit of a glitch with windows 7 during playback of movies that I have downloaded or when I watch Netflix or play games .
The problem is this . When watching movies it seems to stall for a bit and make a buzzing noise like the audio is stalling at the same time .
My system is all Asus . I have replaced the board twice , now on my third board , on my second vid card , on my second psu . All drivers are the latest .

I have been reading online that it is a windows 7 issue and that they are not addressing it . I have never had this issue with any of my other builds with XP .
I'm not at my puter right now but I will upload my specs later .
Here is some info === Asus Sabertooth MB
Asus 8core unlocked 4.3
Asus 7870 Vid V2
32 Gigs Ram
2 SSD HD
1T HD
SB Audio
CM 1000 watt PSU
As you can see this is not a slow machine and it should not be stalling during playback of games or movies ,,, :( :( :(

Thanks

Take out the SoundBlaster audio driver in Device Manager (Control Panel), and then right click your computer at the top of the device list and choose "scan for hardware changes". Allow Windows Update to find the WHQL driver from Microsoft and you should be fine after it has installed (requires a restart). This sounds like a driver issue, not hardware. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Good advice. I take it you're thinking the driver provided by SB is conflicting with the video driver? It would make sense as the Radeon (ASUS) GPU drivers are known to be twitchy as are SB drivers.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Arighty then . As soon as I have my machine up and runnin again , I'll try that ...

Thanks OM1`

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I have noticed that Realtek is always popping up so I deleted it and just stuck to the SB card . I also tried the onboard sound and had the same issue a while ago . Long story as to why I replaced so many main parts ,,, what a bitch . Very dissapointed in ASUS :( :( :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Arighty then . As soon as I have my machine up and runnin again , I'll try that ...

Thanks OM1`

Youre welcome. The SoundBlaster drivers from Creative are a common issue with Windows...not just Windows 7. Also, if you ever need help, I offer my services for free to GateFans members. I can remote to your computer and fix it for you.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
ASUS makes great motherboards but the rest of their stuff is not that special.

Intel has the best CPUs and the best integrated graphics (Iris Pro is pretty amazing). RAM is more open, but OCZ is generally considered good stuff. SSDs right now are either Intel or Samsung. GPUs both NVidia and AMD have good stuff.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have noticed that Realtek is always popping up so I deleted it and just stuck to the SB card . I also tried the onboard sound and had the same issue a while ago . Long story as to why I replaced so many main parts ,,, what a bitch . Very dissapointed in ASUS :( :( :(

You should also install the Realtek drivers if there is a card in your computer. Install the driver for the card then disable it in Device Manager instead of ignoring it or removing the driver.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Good advice. I take it you're thinking the driver provided by SB is conflicting with the video driver? It would make sense as the Radeon (ASUS) GPU drivers are known to be twitchy as are SB drivers.

That, or the SB driver is not the WHQL driver that Windows wants to use. If his computer has digital signature enforcement enabled (and it is on by default in Windows 7 and 8), then the SB driver is probably causing the issue. It could also be that he has a Realtek sound card installed as well (or is onboard), which has no driver at all? Lets see if my advice works for him first. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Good points. Poorly written drivers have historically been the bane of the Windows world (hence the attempts at things like certified and digitally signed drivers and such). They also are the bane of the Linux world. AFAIK only OSX doesn't really get killed by them and that is because OSX is literally custom written to the hardware it runs on.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Woohoo !!! . Awesome call OM1 ,,, It's a workin now . I had a real issue at first as the music and sound effects were playing but voice audio was impossible to understand . Then I noticed that the THX light was lit on the front bay section of the sound card . Yes it has two sections . PCI slot and Bay . It is a Recon 3D pci sound card . I'm sure you have seen them ,...
Thanks again you brainiac
:) :) :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Woohoo !!! . Awesome call OM1 ,,, It's a workin now . I had a real issue at first as the music and sound effects were playing but voice audio was impossible to understand . Then I noticed that the THX light was lit on the front bay section of the sound card . Yes it has two sections . PCI slot and Bay . It is a Recon 3D pci sound card . I'm sure you have seen them ,...

:) No problem.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Yes, I have seen those...they are extremely popular with gamers and people with MIDI studios. :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
O
ASUS makes great motherboards but the rest of their stuff is not that special.

Intel has the best CPUs and the best integrated graphics (Iris Pro is pretty amazing). RAM is more open, but OCZ is generally considered good stuff. SSDs right now are either Intel or Samsung. GPUs both NVidia and AMD have good stuff.

OCZ is no more . Can't remember where I read it . I think it was a PC computer mag ,,,. They've gone bankrupt or into receiver ship or something . I'll try and dig up the info

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Pity. I wonder who the new king of performance RAM is.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I loved OCZ's line of enterprise SSDs. The quality vs cost put them in the high value category. The random read/write speeds on the array I had in one of our back end servers was mind boggling.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Looks like they are still around - bought by Toshiba and still selling Vertex SSDs.