Will this be the last Doctor Who season for Amy Pond?

heisenberg

Earl Grey
The departure of companions is nothing new in the grand scheme of Doctor Who history, but in a season already marked by death, could we be seeing a much more grisly end for Amy and Rory? Looks like, no matter what, the signs are building to an end for the Doctor's favorite married couple.
In addition to the hints that Amy and Rory's marriage would be put to the test, both Karen Gillan and Arthur Darville seem to be taking on projects whose filming schedule would directly conflict with Doctor Who's.
Gillan will be taking on the role of Jean Shrimpton in BBC Four drama We'll Take Manhattan and was quoted as saying, "This is perfect for the first thing that I do after I finish Doctor Who." Meanwhile, Darville is set to play Mephistopheles in Marlowe's Doctor Faustus from June 18 through Oct. 2.
While David Tennant may have managed a season of specials to play Hamlet, it seems unlikely that the show would take another break so soon for anyone who wasn't the Time Lord himself.

http://blastr.com/2011/05/will-this-be-the-last-doc.php

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
There's no way to really know. BBC has made no announcements and as to the parts, the one we have dates on does not conflict with Who's (they have completed all S6 filming).

heisenberg

Earl Grey
There's no way to really know. BBC has made no announcements and as to the parts, the one we have dates on does not conflict with Who's (they have completed all S6 filming).
Interesting...so the article is wrong once again(unsurprisingly)
I actually like Rory and amy pond's character. I think they can go for another season or two.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
haha I actually remember that Hamlet, I had no idea it was Hamlet for a long time, I was just watching it cause the doctor and Picard were in it. I kept waiting for the tardis to show up somewhere. LOL