Why Z Nation is better than The Walking Dead

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
That was a great episode . Friggin Murph is too funny with his zombie sex show antics . Good to see that the writers are keeping it in silly zombie fun mode ...
CZ reallys needs to learn how to shoot a gun ...

;) ;) ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
That was a great episode . Friggin Murph is too funny with his zombie sex show antics . Good to see that the writers are keeping it in silly zombie fun mode ...
CZ reallys needs to learn how to shoot a gun ...

;) ;) ;)

The zombie pole dance was pretty funny. :icon_lol:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Healthy numbers for Z Nation premiere. 1.0 with a .4 demo. Especially when the show costs chump change to make.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually in the world of lower budget shows it is The demo rating is strong plus they get a lot of delay viewing.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Also last Friday ratings were down everywhere with 9/11 and such.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
You should try it OM. I would suggest catching some of Season One first as the episodes do refer to other episodes in their plots. But the pacing is crisp, acting good and writing good (and has a healthy dollop of humor). Now the humor sometimes is a bit sick but it makes the show FUN (something the other TV zombie shows have forgotten - even Romero knew enough to put some humor in his films).

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
You consider that "healthy"? :)
[MERGETIME="1442270625"][/MERGETIME]

Wait...a zombie pole dance?

Yes, it's a cheaply produced show so that should help when it comes to ratings vs. budget. As for the show itself, they're pretty honest about it being a sort of zombie genre parody. And it's this honesty that makes the show appealing compared to TWD which takes itself wayyyyyy too seriously.

In short, it's just a fun romp with interesting characters. (There's one scene from last season where Doc gets stuck in this conduit shaft along with a zombie. So what does he do when he finds himself in this deadly bind? Well, naturally he fires up a doobie. :icon_lol:)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Don't forget, Doc shares the doobie too!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Don't forget, Doc shares the doobie too!

Yeah, he may be the cliche' old hippy dude but he's not tedious. He adds levity to the show, but unlike Murphy he isn't evil.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah, he may be the cliche' old hippy dude but he's not tedious. He adds levity to the show, but unlike Murphy he isn't evil.

Are the zombies in this show different than zombies in other shows? They can pole dance and smoke pot too? Not getting the context!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
With the zombie?

Yeah, you sort of have to see the scene to understand the context. Basically that's just Doc's personality. He's this aging hippy that knows his way around a bong if you get what I mean. ;)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Are the zombies in this show different than zombies in other shows? They can pole dance and smoke pot too? Not getting the context!

Murphy was subjected to experimentation at the beginning whereby they would let zombies bite him in order to test for a cure. He never turned but, throughout the show, began developing odd characteristics and abilities. For example, he seems to be able to control and subdue zombies. They never attack him. Later on, he developed some telepathic abilities and could somewhat control weaker minded humans and completely control zombies.

Taking that above, I'm sure you can see where the pole dancing zombies come in.

You should really watch this show. It's entertaining and fun and does not take itself seriously, which is what makes it so appealing.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

You should check it out. Amazingly SyFy came up with a good show for once. Who knew they had it in 'em? :icon_lol:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes Murphy is an interesting case. He seems to possess a sort of immunity. The zeds do not attack him and indeed he can control them to some extent. Also, humans exposed to his bodily fluids (like if he bites them) become very open to suggestions by him.

And yes the guy is pretty evil and borderline sociopathic. And funny too.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
What should be mentioned is that we like this show inversely to how much we dislike The Walking Dead. That's really saying something. I mean,one is an over-wrought higher end production verses one that is a cheap ass SyFy production. Yet we all prefer the cheap SyFy production, go figure.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Murphy was subjected to experimentation at the beginning whereby they would let zombies bite him in order to test for a cure. He never turned but, throughout the show, began developing odd characteristics and abilities. For example, he seems to be able to control and subdue zombies. They never attack him. Later on, he developed some telepathic abilities and could somewhat control weaker minded humans and completely control zombies.

Taking that above, I'm sure you can see where the pole dancing zombies come in.

You should really watch this show. It's entertaining and fun and does not take itself seriously, which is what makes it so appealing.
Yes Murphy is an interesting case. He seems to possess a sort of immunity. The zeds do not attack him and indeed he can control them to some extent. Also, humans exposed to his bodily fluids (like if he bites them) become very open to suggestions by him.

And yes the guy is pretty evil and borderline sociopathic. And funny too.

How far behind am I? How many seasons/episodes? I have watched zilch.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
What should be mentioned is that we like this show inversely to how much we dislike The Walking Dead. That's really saying something. I mean,one is an over-wrought higher end production verses one that is a cheap ass SyFy production. Yet we all prefer the cheap SyFy production, go figure.

So...I will watch it because you guys usually like good stuff. :) But how much have I missed if I have not seen any of it?