Why Star Trek can't go past the Voyager timeline without becoming silly

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Actually he had no powers at all. He was just a highly trained human operative sent to Earth by the Aliens to assist the development of humanity.

so all of his "powers" were tech then, right..and some kind of intel from aliens?

i guess i am thinking him as a time traveler of a type because wasn't he taken from earth by the aliens in earth's past? or his ancestors were taken? i could have sworn he came back in time due to those aliens trying to "fix" the timeline

i am resisting looking it up :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Were talking about STO right ? The ep were they travel back in time to stop a missile exploding ? One of the dads on my sons hockey team looks exactly like Gary 7 ... Kinda freeks me out when I see him lol ... Just waiting for the black cat to appear ...
;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The aliens took humans millennia in the past, trained them for generations then sent them back to Earth to guide humanity. It’s actually a precursor of the TV pilot The Questor Tapes except that Questor is an Android.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, now that I remember the episode in question it definitely was an attempt at some sort of spin off show. I don't think anything ever happened with it but it would have been interesting to see how it played out.

apparently the character has been used in some AVENGERS (British show) Novels and some other writings to include some ST stuff. non canon, but still shows the impression one character from one ep of TOS made on ppl to be used so much.

for example in the eugenics wars; gary 7 is id'd as the person responsible for placing Khan on the BOTANY BAY

(Yeah, I looked him up )
from his 'wiki'

Star Trek novels[edit]
In Greg Cox's The Eugenics Wars novels, Gary Seven had numerous dealings with Khan Noonien Singh and initially hopes to train Khan as his successor. Along with his now-partner Roberta Lincoln, Seven tries to prevent World War III in a variety of ways. Seven leaves Earth in 1996, after sending Khan on the DY-100 class sleeper ship SS Botany Bay.

Cox also wrote a 1997 novel, Assignment: Eternity, featuring Seven. In this novel, the alien agency which Seven works for is called the "Aegis", though whether this refers to the organization or the alien species in charge of the organization is unclear.

Seven is mentioned, but not seen, in the Star Trek: Department of Temporal Investigations: Watching the Clock novels as well as the 2017 novel Star Trek: The Next Generation: Hearts and Minds .

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Funny you should mention this. I remember identifying Terri Garr years ago when I saw this episode. It must have been one of her first roles. She went on to have a great career and was huge in the 80's.

That show they were basically piloting for in that episode would have been great.