why explore the universe?

rhyshanan

GateFans Noob
when you can explore your sexual fantasies.

This is the insanety that is SGU. Why did they even call it stargate?
All that accomplished was to make the fans feel abandoned, why
didn't they just call it ... Jersy Shore In Space.

In some ways i'm grateful they put Stargate in the name, at least now
we know that Jersy Shore fans mean more to SG producers than SG fans.

For Shame!

deco

GateFans Noob
welcome
becuse soap operas or in line this days

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
WELCOME!

when you can explore your sexual fantasies.

This is the insanety that is SGU. Why did they even call it stargate?
All that accomplished was to make the fans feel abandoned, why
didn't they just call it ... Jersy Shore In Space.

In some ways i'm grateful they put Stargate in the name, at least now
we know that Jersy Shore fans mean more to SG producers than SG fans.

For Shame!

Well hello to you! They could have called this show so many things, as long as it wasnt Stargate. But now they have, and they have to deal with the consequences of that decision. I just hope that this season 2 is its final season and it is gone by next year. The sooner this is over, the sooner we can get a reboot in a few years.:joy:

:welcomewagon:

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Hey welcome stranger!

Evidently they should have called it Stargate: Chloe's Minge

GetMallozziFired

GateFans Noob
Well hello to you! They could have called this show so many things, as long as it wasnt Stargate. But now they have, and they have to deal with the consequences of that decision. I just hope that this season 2 is its final season and it is gone by next year. The sooner this is over, the sooner we can get a reboot in a few years.:joy:

:welcomewagon:

The thing i dont undertand is that everyone has a boss, even mallozzi,...how come they cant see this show is crap and going the way of the dinosaur...a bit like excalibur and babylon5...how come his bosses dont try to rectify this...or just cancel the god damned show..we are the ones bringing in the cash for them and theyre trying to push us away?

JohnSN7

GateFans Noob
Let's take this one step at a time

Woah, woah. Easy boy. I know we're all eager to explore the universe. I know I am. But before we explore the universe, don't you think we should explore our own ship? I mean, we've been on it for months but unfortunately we just haven't checked that much of it out yet. There could be zombies on the ship for all we know. Shouldn't we know every little nook and cranny of this ship and how it works? Maybe we can't figure everything out, but we can at least try and work with what we can figure out. We could even find something useful like a bridge. I mean, it's not like we have anything better to do...

P.S. Welcome!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ah, but Mallozzi does NOT have a Boss (per se), he has "superiors"

The thing i dont understand is that everyone has a boss, even mallozzi,...how come they cant see this show is crap and going the way of the dinosaur...a bit like excalibur and babylon5...how come his bosses dont try to rectify this...or just cancel the god damned show..we are the ones bringing in the cash for them and theyre trying to push us away?

Mallozzi is the top dawg in the SGU camp. Wright is his equivalent in the writing camp, but Mallozzi is the EXECUTIVE Producer which means he makes all the final decisions. His "superiors" are the Syfy and MGM Executives who decide whether or not to air SGU or to bankroll the production. They dont have a say in the way the show takes shape, but they can make recommendations and suggestions.

Its the same relationship you have to the chef in a restaurant you visit. You choose what you want to eat and have a limited say on how it is prepared (seasonings, doneness of meats, etc). But you dont have a say in the cooking or how the plate is presented.

So, this makes one wonder how Syfy executives watching this piece of poo dont see what we see? I think its because there arent many geeks in the Syfy Management. After all, these are people who greenlighted wrestling and all the other non science fiction garbage being aired on that channel. Perhaps they just "took their word for it" when they said it would be great. But in the end, its gonna be the ratings which determine where this show ends up. Mallozzi wont have a choice in the matter.

tetrion

GateFans Noob
That's the thing Overmind, they just swallowed Wright and Mazz sales pitch. We all know network execs have no brains, and bleat Nielsen stats ad infinitum. All that was needed was to throw in some buzz words like; 'Drama, gritty, young, fresh' and top it with 'Lost/BSG/'reality show #3', and you would have the execs jizzing their pants.

Now that were one season down, and so are the ratings. The execs are pouring over their Nielsen stats again, pulling in the writers and producers to explain the results and demanding they do something about the dwindling ratings.
Hence the shake up with writing/producing staff and stories.

Mazz must be seeing the sword of Damocles dangling precariously over his head, knowing full well if he doesn't pull out all the stops, he'll be joining the rest of the country on the dole queue.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Precisely!

That's the thing Overmind, they just swallowed Wright and Mazz sales pitch. We all know network execs have no brains, and bleat Nielsen stats ad infinitum. All that was needed was to throw in some buzz words like; 'Drama, gritty, young, fresh' and top it with 'Lost/BSG/'reality show #3', and you would have the execs jizzing their pants.

Now that were one season down, and so are the ratings. The execs are pouring over their Nielsen stats again, pulling in the writers and producers to explain the results and demanding they do something about the dwindling ratings.
Hence the shake up with writing/producing staff and stories.

Mazz must be seeing the sword of Damocles dangling precariously over his head, knowing full well if he doesn't pull out all the stops, he'll be joining the rest of the country on the dole queue.

EXACTLY! Thats exactly what has happened (I believe). Cooper leaving was more of a scapegoating thing I think. He was responsible mostly for the concept of this show, the way it came out and how it was delivered to the audience. But Mallozzi, Wright and the others co-signed it. He became the proverbial donkey when season one was over and Syfy was looking for where to pin the tail. But because of season 1, season 2 will be screwed. Not only that, but going to Tuesday against NCIS:LA and then later on "V", Mallozzi would do best to start planning for the worst.

Its a shame, because "pulling out the stops" could have meant changing the characters of the show, killing off the useless characters early on and then using the Incursion episode to being new characters onto the ship who were not LA to re-espablish the balance. They could save money on shooting by firing the stupid "shaky camera guy". And how about we use the actual lighting and not waste money on post processing to fake the "dark" look. My video editing software reveals the fact that SGU's "dark" look is achieved by post processing, and is not the way things looked when they were filming it. Then the music needed to match the show.

Overall, the show suffered from lack of planning and vision. Its as if these episodes were thown together and made up as things went along. There is your "open ended story arc" for ya. :facepalm: