Who is your favorite Star Wars character? (Only new canon characters)

Who is your favorite Star Wars character?

• Yoda

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Luke Skywalker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leia Organa

• Darth Vader

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Han Solo

• Lando Calrissian

• Boba Fett

• Obi-Wan Kenobi

• Chewbacca

• Other (explain in thread)

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So, who is your favorite Star Wars character from the new canon (without the EU before Disney purchased the property)?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Mine is Yoda. :) I love him for his wisdom, his knowledge of the Force, his restraint, his logic and the fact that he is 900 years old.

yoda.gif

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
When I was a 12yo boy I had a crush on Mark Hammil so of course Luke was my favorite character. I'm no longer a 12yo boy and I no longer have a crush on Mark Hammil, go figure. :P

But overall I still like Luke from the original movie. Much of the story was about him and was told from his perspective, hence many viewers identified with him, myself included. He's basically Lucas's version of portraying Campbell's "The Hero's Journey".

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This is where the awfulness of the prequels messes up characters. So, I guess I'll pick one not on the list - The Emperor. He at least is fairly consistent in all his appearances. There is no arc to his character or any such stuff. It's all pretty simple - he's evil and he loves being evil.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Jar-Jar. His appearance in the prequels resulted in the production of many excellent parody videos.