What streaming services do you use? Why do you like or dislike them?

What streaming services do you watch?

• Netflix

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Amazon Prime Video

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Hulu Plus

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • HBO Go

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crackle

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Vevo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others (Please comment below so it can be added)

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Kodi (added)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Can't even use the self-checkout at the grocery store without having a screen playing commercials above the scanner, that's how bad it's gotten. Everyone's got their hand out these days; everyone is selling something, shilling something, scamming something. The world is a vampire my friends. :moody:

There are even ads at ATM machines now! I went to a gas station ATM to withdraw money from an "Allpoint" ATM and I had to deal with ads playing before I could complete the transaction! The only upside was that there was no transaction fee. But alas, there are screens above all the pumps which play ads while you are pumping gas. :(

There are even ads at ATM machines now! I went to a gas station ATM to withdraw money from an "Allpoint" ATM and I had to deal with ads playing before I could complete the transaction! The only upside was that there was no transaction fee. But alas, there are screens above all the pumps which play ads while you are pumping gas. :(

What bugs me is the obstacle course of sales pitches one has to go through just to buy something at places like Kwik Trip. They got a good app that routinely gives money off of gas or food items but I have to go inside to redeem the code. (Gotta show 'em my phone with the offer on it.) It never fails that they rattle off a list of suggested items to buy before they ring me up: "Would you like to add any fresh cookies to your order today? Snack chips? Coffee? Batteries? Tampons? A ZedPM?"

I get that they are required to make these sales pitches and I understand that this tactic actually works when it comes to pimping sales to some degree. But honestly it just annoys me. All I want to do is pay for my gas and leave.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
What bugs me is the obstacle course of sales pitches one has to go through just to buy something at places like Kwik Trip. They got a good app that routinely gives money off of gas or food items but I have to go inside to redeem the code. (Gotta show 'em my phone with the offer on it.) It never fails that they rattle off a list of suggested items to buy before they ring me up: "Would you like to add any fresh cookies to your order today? Snack chips? Coffee? Batteries? Tampons? A ZedPM?"

I get that they are required to make these sales pitches and I understand that this tactic actually works when it comes to pimping sales to some degree. But honestly it just annoys me. All I want to do is pay for my gas and leave.

I envision a future like Idiocracy where business start adding adult services to their product lines to get our money. Go to get a haircut, and as soon as you are seated in the barber chair, a screen pops out from the armrest and asks if I want a blowjob while my hair is being cut, a shoeshine, manicure and a foot massage. :happy0007:

I envision a future like Idiocracy where business start adding adult services to their product lines to get our money. Go to get a haircut, and as soon as you are seated in the barber chair, a screen pops out from the armrest and asks if I want a blowjob while my hair is being cut, a shoeshine, manicure and a foot massage. :happy0007:

Yes, you're trapped when in a stylist's chair. The corporate hair chains will no doubt have ads playing in the mirror while the minimum wage drone chops your hair.

As it is many female hairstylists are now pimping multi-level marketing bullshit to their clients when they have them trapped in the chair. I've heard a lot of complaints from people I know that this is happening. They try to hawk essential oils or make-up or juice drinks -- all of which are laughably overpriced. And what's worse, these MLM babes are always trying to recruit people to be in their "downline", which is how these pyramid schemes work.

I tell ya dude, this money grab culture we're living in is not a healthy one.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This explains a bit of why you could not find a decent copy of Lifeforce.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This explains a bit of why you could not find a decent copy of Lifeforce.

Perhaps, but not really. Kodi did not have it but there are thousands of repositories all over the world. I just have to search them. I was not motivated enough to search that deeply.