What does anyone think of my designs?

O Wildish

GateFans Noob
TENTH PLANET Cyber-Man (2012).jpg concept drawing I did on paint based on the original Cybermen

Cyber-Lander.jpg Spacecraft for the Cybermen

I came up with these designs for an imagined film version of the Tenth Planet, based on the 1966 Dr Who serial which indroduced the Cybermen and was also the last to feature William Hartnell (be kind)

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Not really my cuppa but i welcome some new art being posted on here :)

G

Graybrew1

My sincerest Welcome to Gatefans. :welcomewagon:

I have no skill in your area of skills set.
They look quite impressive to me.
Good Job. :thoranime12:

S

Stonelesscutter

I had never heard of Cybermen before and I've never seen Dr. Who so I don't know how accurate your pics are, but if you did them with MS Paint I think you did a hell of a job.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
welcome
MG_124.gif
always nice to see new talent here. :D

O Wildish

GateFans Noob
original 1966 Cybermen

"Emotion, love, pride, hate, fear, have you no emotions sir?" (quote from the Doctor in the Tenth Planet when he first met the Cybermen)
CYBERMAN (1960s, version 1).jpg CYBERMAN (2006, version 10).jpg
This is a diagram I did on paint of the original version and my diagram of the current ones

some photos of them in Dr Who (1966)

cybermen--tenth-planet.jpg31061770_rYrWqZdO_b.jpg

tenth-cyberman-ship.jpg
this their landing craft from Mondas

this is how they look now since 2006
Cyberman2006.jpg2006ef.jpg

cyber-skull.jpg
whats behind the mask

to find out more about them here's a link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberman

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I always liked the cybermen, they were a great counterpoint to the Daleks.

O Wildish

GateFans Noob
I'm not sure why but I really want to make a Dr Who film based on the Tenth Planet, I think of all the (non-Dalek) stories this would make an exellent (mid 70s to early 80s retro style) film, with minimum CGI, sort of Based on the Peter cushing films but grittier and a bit darker, prehaps with Peter O'toole in the role of "Dr Who" (I really want to be a writer/film maker)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I don't know if this was done in any Who series or movies, but I'll like to see the war between the daleks and Gallifrey, that would be interesting to me.

O Wildish

GateFans Noob
alas no it was never directly shown, but it would make a great cannon to the series film, they could do with the 8th Doctor (Paul Mcgann) as one long flash back of some such?

G

Graybrew1

"Emotion, love, pride, hate, fear, have you no emotions sir?" (quote from the Doctor in the Tenth Planet when he first met the Cybermen)
View attachment 5511 View attachment 5515
This is a diagram I did on paint of the original version and my diagram of the current ones

some photos of them in Dr Who (1966)

View attachment 5512View attachment 5513

View attachment 5514
this their landing craft from Mondas

this is how they look now since 2006
View attachment 5516View attachment 5517

View attachment 5518
whats behind the mask

to find out more about them here's a link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberman

Green for your great follow-up to the responses. :D

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
alas no it was never directly shown, but it would make a great cannon to the series film, they could do with the 8th Doctor (Paul Mcgann) as one long flash back of some such?

Well, I bow to your Superior Whovian knowledge, I have never been more than a *very* casual fan of Dr Who. I know enough to "get by" but serious details are not my field really.

G

Graybrew1

Cool, we have a Who expert, I know this is one show that is on my list of shows to watch. I hope you hang around and spread your vast knowledge around. :D

pm1234

GateFans Noob
View attachment 5299 concept drawing I did on paint based on the original Cybermen

View attachment 5300 Spacecraft for the Cybermen

I came up with these designs for an imagined film version of the Tenth Planet, based on the 1966 Dr Who serial which indroduced the Cybermen and was also the last to feature William Hartnell (be kind)

I don't think and new-age cyberman should have any exposed skin on the hands.

When the Doctor, Amy and River first find the Pandorica and are attacked by the pieces of a cyberman, the arm piece doesn't have any skin on or in it.

I'm also a bit confused by the port near its crotch, looks like one good kick would take it down. :eek:

pm1234

GateFans Noob
View attachment 5511 View attachment 5515

Never seen the '66 version, very cool. :icon_cool: But now having seen that, I imagine the first cybermen were so bulky as they don't care about aesthetics. And while the new versions are aesthetically pleasing, I think that's more from years of battle and them realizing they were too vulnerable to attack with all their circuits hanging out.

O Wildish

GateFans Noob
I don't think and new-age cyberman should have any exposed skin on the hands.

When the Doctor, Amy and River first find the Pandorica and are attacked by the pieces of a cyberman, the arm piece doesn't have any skin on or in it.

I'm also a bit confused by the port near its crotch, looks like one good kick would take it down. :eek:

firstly it's not ment to be new age, it's based on the original retro design, but (except for the hands and head) with a more "Terminator" like body (though I didn't have time to draw it that way and it's hard to draw that on my computer)

secondly if you know your Cybermen then you should know that the "port" is in fact it's Weopon

pm1234

GateFans Noob
secondly if you know your Cybermen then you should know that the "port" is in fact it's Weopon

I don't agree. In the 2005+ series, they use the port to access data-nodes and they have a laser weapon that extends out of their arm.