Was the Stargate Atlantis movie even written?

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
What evidence do we have that the Stargate Atlantis movie was even written?

This just shows the cover sheet.

http://twitpic.com/5asrv

http://twitpic.com/5asrv/full

I can make you a neat looking cover sheet in no time.

i was just going to post this commebnt regarding this in the syfy thread -

Untitled221.jpg

Bandit seems like a good knowledgable guy please see his other comments on syfy forum. Hes also good about responding to questions.

stclare

What Bandit said makes sense. I don't know about the rewrite part, but I do know that it was obvious that Brad wasn't interested in SGA.

I've even wondered a couple of times if there is a script. Who knows... It doesn't really matter now because they're not going to do anything with SGA, and that might be a good thing sadly.

Cheers.

Yep Bandit has been a lot more forthcoming lately with the info.

stclare

So, is he an industry insider or something? I just thought he was a fan posting on the board, finding info here and there like the rest of us.

From what i gather he works on the fringes of the industry - hence providing the link to see productions taking place at bridge (a link which ive posted in the syfy forum thread) but it seems he has friends further within the industry. One of whome had already told him that the producers were already moving on from sga in 2007 at comic con, which he posted on the syfy forum back then thinking the show was cancelled.

I think the information trickle has been growing stronger since sgu's cancelation. maybe they or the other people who talk about the situation are no longer worried about causing a problem by letting it out.

All I know for sure is that i will read all his posts in the future, because he backs up what he states with either good solid logic or quotes/linkls to support his stance.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
From what i gather he works on the fringes of the industry - hence providing the link to see productions taking place at bridge (a link which ive posted in the syfy forum thread) but it seems he has friends further within the industry. One of whome had already told him that the producers were already moving on from sga in 2007 at comic con, which he posted on the syfy forum back then thinking the show was cancelled.

I think the information trickle has been growing stronger since sgu's cancelation. maybe they or the other people who talk about the situation are no longer worried about causing a problem by letting it out.

All I know for sure is that i will read all his posts in the future, because he backs up what he states with either good solid logic or quotes/linkls to support his stance.
I think part of that easing reticence has to do with cast and crew not being afraid they'll lose their job(s). They're still not necessarily going to out themselves, but they can still inform with a clear conscience.

The cast and crew can't be happy about this, either. No matter what an actor says, they'll act in something, as long as there is a paycheck attached to it. But they can't have been happy with the shite they were bringing to the smallish screen.

They're not going to publicly say it's shite. But they can sure think it!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I think part of that easing reticence has to do with cast and crew not being afraid they'll lose their job(s). They're still not necessarily going to out themselves, but they can still inform with a clear conscience.

The cast and crew can't be happy about this, either. No matter what an actor says, they'll act in something, as long as there is a paycheck attached to it. But they can't have been happy with the shite they were bringing to the smallish screen.

They're not going to publicly say it's shite. But they can sure think it!
Oh babe give them five or so years and they will be laughing on stage at a con about what a piece of shite the show was. As actors move beyond a role they get more open/honest about the quality of the productions they did in the past! ;)

fumblesmcstupid

GateFans Noob
I have ASKED and ASKED this question. Then I was shot down cause I was calling Joe M. A liar. Then there is no proof that he hasn't so I just find it hard to believe that it was written.

You know the scene in The Return where John and Rodney are talking and John is playing with the plane? I see Joe M. doing that when we asked about a script.

:jm: SGA movie? oh yah sure right on it ( goes to keyboard and makes typing noises)

:atlrocks: REALLY???

:jm: (playing Wii Sports ) Huh? Oh yah Movie...Yep

:smiley_squee: Yeah

:jm: *says to himself about SGA fans* dumbasses.