Wait, get ready for it...the next 007 will be a black female????

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is pure insanity. Remember folks, I am a man of color and I am 100% against this change in 007. I grew up with James Bond 007. Bond has been known for his girls almost as much as Hugh Hefner was. Now, they want to make 007 a black female:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/lasha...d-its-about-damn-time?source=articles&via=rss

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

:facepalm:. For those of you who don't know, this woman was the voice of L337 in Star Wars, she was in Captain Marvel, and now she is going to be 007. James Bond is not being replaced, but 007 is.

I will not go to see any films with this woman playing 007. Not because she is black or because she is female. But because she is not James Bond 007. She BETTA NOT say the phrase "shaken not stirred". It does not belong to her.

Hollywood is destroying itself. These new woke movies are not making money for them, so why do they keep trying to push this crap?

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This isn't a joke topic then?

Like I remember saying to a lady years ago. They should make Bond a woman. The car chases won't be as good but the scenes with the Bond girls will be more interesting.

Let them at it. They must not like turning a profit.

No, not joke topic. But I disagree on a couple of things. James Bond is a man. He can never be a woman. He never married, so there can't be a Mrs Bond, and as far as we know he has no siblings...if he did they would not look like this woman. :) So, she should not have the Bond name. Second, the 007 moniker. Why can't she be 008 or 010 or 777 or 123? Why 007? That is James Bond's number. Ian Fleming wrote stories around James Bond. Not any other character, so exactly how do they expect to pull this off? Who really wants to see this?

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Tbh when I opened this topic I expected you to say Idris Elba or someone had been cast. He at least would have been better casting than Daniel Craig. I'm not a Fleming purist. I'm open to a well cast black Bond the same as I saw a blonde Bond ( although he was crap IMO ).

But I hear what you are saying. Bond caters to men. Its always been attractive to primarily male audiences. Casting a woman? Ridiculous.

What I'd love to see is a period piece set in the 1950s. Bring Bond back to his roots.

Is this Barbara Broccolis fault then?

I don't care about Bond's race, but I do care very much about his sex/gender. Also, there could never be a gay James Bond. A pansexual or bisexual one? Sure. Bond has always been a horndog.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Just noting that this is actually a rumor at this point. I suspect they are floating it to gauge reactions.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I was hoping for Idris Elba, but I guess he's too masculine and too white for the folks in charge of this kind of thing these days
:)

so what name will she use?

will she even carry a gun (:psychosga:) or will her doing so ruin the 'wokeness' of the affair and trigger (:vala-newanime016:) the millennial (:anim_22:) audience (who wont be going to the film because its a 007 one, they probably have no clue who james bond is anyhow. they will just be in theatre because it will be the place to be to take selfies to prove their woke/# metoo status) into a fit of rage and tears (:anim_17:) forcing them to call for their parents asking if they can sleep over (for the next 5 years :jonasanime02::vala-newanime026:) in their old room filled with all the participation trophies ("look mom, i got it for sitting on the bench" :anim_19:) they got in little league, in order to recover from the trauma (:whip:) of seeing said gun and causing them to "catch PTSD"? (:vala-newanime020:)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
yawwwn! oh okay:jonasanime02::jonasanime02::jonasanime02::jonasanime02::jonasanime02:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I was hoping for Idris Elba, but I guess he's too masculine and too white for the folks in charge of this kind of thing these days
:)

so what name will she use?

will she even carry a gun (:psychosga:) or will her doing so ruin the 'wokeness' of the affair and trigger (:vala-newanime016:) the millennial (:anim_22:) audience (who wont be going to the film because its a 007 one, they probably have no clue who james bond is anyhow. they will just be in theatre because it will be the place to be to take selfies to prove their woke/# metoo status) into a fit of rage and tears (:anim_17:) forcing them to call for their parents asking if they can sleep over (for the next 5 years :jonasanime02::vala-newanime026:) in their old room filled with all the participation trophies ("look mom, i got it for sitting on the bench" :anim_19:) they got in little league, in order to recover from the trauma (:whip:) of seeing said gun and causing them to "catch PTSD"? (:vala-newanime020:)

No more Bond girls....wait, maybe they will make her a lesbian so they can check off that "woke box"? How will they handle the passing on of the 007 agent number to her? WHY does she have to be 007, and not 008 or 006??? "Our" 007 is too misogynist and too white and too male for today's audience, they think? They would have been better off using Idris Elba. NONE of the stories using this female are going to be in the spirit of Ian Fleming. James Bond 007 is the central character of a whole series of books and films, and who he is can't be transferred to a woman. Our James Bond would be jailed for #METOO if he were living in the US in 2019. :facepalm:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
No more Bond girls....wait, maybe they will make her a lesbian so they can check off that "woke box"? How will they handle the passing on of the 007 agent number to her? WHY does she have to be 007, and not 008 or 006??? "Our" 007 is too misogynist and too white and too male for today's audience, they think? They would have been better off using Idris Elba. NONE of the stories using this female are going to be in the spirit of Ian Fleming. James Bond 007 is the central character of a whole series of books and films, and who he is can't be transferred to a woman. Our James Bond would be jailed for #METOO if he were living in the US in 2019. :facepalm:

maybe she wont be 007, as the number 7 may be seen as a phallic symbol..no 9 or 6 either--they are much more phallic like

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
or use the number 3

i mean just look how the number presents itself : so open and loving, tender and caressing

the qualities that all super sleuth agents should have today

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
maybe she wont be 007, as the number 7 may be seen as a phallic symbol..no 9 or 6 either--they are much more phallic like

How about 069?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member