Twilight: Breaking Dawn part 1

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I am probably the only twihard that posts here, but we just saw Breaking Dawn part 1 and loved it! We are all twilight fans (yes even hubby) in part because the author, Stephenie Meyer, is LDS. (shocking yes I know :P) We have all of the movies thus far and the books and really enjoyed this movie. There is no "down time", it seemed that every scene is important to the storyline and kept the viewer interested. (New Moon and Eclipse were not as good) The special effects were good as always, the birth scene was just ewwwwwwwwww (been there and done that:P) but overall it was worth my time. The acting of Taylor Lautner (Jake) has definitely improved...he's been taking some acting classes and it sure shows. It does a good job of setting up the finale. :)
I just want to recommend it to any Twilight fans who visit here. :)

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
Twilight is to Vampires, as Barney is to Dinosaurs. :D

A movie where Vampires can truly suck. :icon_e_surprised: :D

LOL, sorry Rac just messing with ya. :p

Going to see the Muppets likely tomorrow, so yeah that makes me a real man there, huh? LOL!

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Sadly, I have watched all the previous Twilights since I had a gf at the time who was crazy about the films (and books), and she wasn't much of a sci fi fan so it was a decent (but agonizing) trade-off. But now that we are no longer together, I can happily state that I will not now, not ever watch this movie. :D

Besides, I already know what's going to happen anyways.
Robert Pattinson will attempt to look emotional, Kristen Stewart will look... exactly the same way as in the other movies (seriously, does she have any facial expressions to speak of!?), Taylor Lautner will look angry, there will be a surprisingly anti-climatic climax, and everyone will live melodramatically ever after. The end.

But since thankfully I'm skipping the teen heartthrob emo romance this year, I need to find another movie to watch. Maybe something with Vampires. After all, there haven't been any vampire movies out in years. Perhaps a rewatch of Blade is in order...

But first I think we should all have a moment of silence for all the boyfriends across the world who are currently being dragged to watch Twilight by their girlfriends. Those poor, poor souls.... :(

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Twilight is to Vampires, as Barney is to Dinosaurs. :D

A movie where Vampires can truly suck. :icon_e_surprised: :D

LOL, sorry Rac just messing with ya. :p

Going to see the Muppets likely tomorrow, so yeah that makes me a real man there, huh? LOL!

Tell me if it is any good. The muppets have sucked since Jim Hensen died (bows head for a moment of silence to remember the manical sense of humor the man had....)so not gonna bother! By hey Breaking Dawn was very good! ;)

@ESA: we know you are just jealous because you haven't the excuse of a gf to drag you to see breaking dawn...you just haven't admitted to yourself that you really REALLY want to see it! :P

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
@ESA: we know you are just jealous because you haven't the excuse of a gf to drag you to see breaking dawn...you just haven't admitted to yourself that you really REALLY want to see it! :P

Yes... in the same exact way that you haven't admitted that you're SGU's biggest fan and you would do anything to see it back on the air. :rolleyes:

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Yes... in the same exact way that you haven't admitted that you're SGU's biggest fan and you would do anything to see it back on the air. :rolleyes:

Wait - Rac80 is a closet SGU fan? :eek: :P

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
And so, with just three posts, a vile rumor has been started. :icon_lol:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
LMAO...cover it up all you wish boys...but I know that secretly your hearts beat for Bella and you wish you were Edward! You know you get weepy during the romantic Twilight scenes...we see you sniffling! ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Nah. I prefer women who actually express feelings and emotions in a genuine manner. Plus I don't want to sparkle (us dinosaurs prefer to devour such creatures).

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Nah. I prefer women who actually express feelings and emotions in a genuine manner. Plus I don't want to sparkle (us dinosaurs prefer to devour such creatures).

Precisely. I'm actually wondering what went through the minds of the casting people when they cast that girl as the lead. I mean isn't an actor supposed to be able to y'know... act?? She clearly isn't, though with a base material so awful they could've just decided to go with bad actors as to at least make the movie consistent in that area.

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
LMAO...cover it up all you wish boys...but I know that secretly your hearts beat for Bella and you wish you were Edward! You know you get weepy during the romantic Twilight scenes...we see you sniffling! ;)

Question for you, if Edward is a vampire, and has no blood, how does he get it up, and get Bella Pregnant? That is truly a mystery in itself. LOL! :eek:

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Question for you, if Edward is a vampire, and has no blood, how does he get it up, and get Bella Pregnant? That is truly a mystery in itself. LOL! :eek:

The fact that he knows how and won't share it with the medical community is an appalling character trait. Men with erectile dysfunction should be annoyed at him, not werewolves.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Bella is so monotonous and expressionless she could be played by Ben Stein in a wig. Edward is a pale, lily ass, concave-chested emo who glitters in the sunlight like Liberace. Jacob has the acting talent of a well-trained gerbil minutes before meeting its maker up Richard Gere's butt and has as much presence and appeal as the same gerbil coming back out hours later.

The only time I got weepy was when I realized that I will never get back the two hours I mistakenly wasted watching the first movie. :(

But it appeals to kids and that's what's important. :)

JaffaKree!

GateFans Member
I take great comfort in the knowledge that this silly fad will fade away just like they all do. Once the target audience grows up and discovers all the things that make the rest of us go "WTF Meyer!" they will be embarrassed and likely throw the books and movies away hoping no one will ever mention their 'twilight phase' in company.

Sparkly emo vampires... I ask you.

And Briangate, I have a related question: Wouldn't it be really uncomfortably... cold? Nice if you like to sleep with dead people, I'm sure.

G

Graybrew1

I think I will end up watching it for one reason.

Taylor Lautner ...........shirtless.

Nuff said. ;):D

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
The best part of this movie was Chris Heyerdahl (Marcus the Volturi).Just saying'.I mean, hell...he's The Big Guy's favorite character. I suspect that John Druitt might share that opinion.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
The best part of this movie was Chris Heyerdahl (Marcus the Volturi).Just saying'.I mean, hell...he's The Big Guy's favorite character. I suspect that John Druitt might share that opinion.

Love him as the depressed vampire....we will see more of him in the final movie! :D

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Love him as the depressed vampire....we will see more of him in the final movie! :D
At least he had more than the three or so words he had in the last movie.

I must admit that I began to love "Sanctuary" more when they had someone ask "The Big Guy" who his favorite Twilight character was. Of course, they've always been pretty good at making sure they have nice juicy pop culture references. The stuff you can hoot at when you hear them.