Transformers New Trailer

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

I totally understand why! I rented that movie and couldnt make it through all the way. But believe it or not, I actually walked out on Star Wars the Phantom Menace. I had my niece and nephew and my girlfriend with me, and when JarJar Binks came on the screen I was midway between putting a handful of popcorn into my mouth and it just froze there mid scoop. I left the kids with her, and went to see The Matrix elsewhere in the same complex. Later I rented it when it was released on DVD and Jar Jar still irks me.

Good thing you don't work in a comic book shop then I suppose! :P

http://fliiby.com/file/357094/7xwv2dv7dw.html

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LOL!

Good thing you don't work in a comic book shop then I suppose! :P

http://fliiby.com/file/357094/7xwv2dv7dw.html

:rotflmao:

Hahaha! Funny clip :) That particular night, I was REALLY wanting to see The Matrix and not Star Wars. So, I was already pretty antsy and not wanting to be there. But Jar Jar made the decision easy. It was just a matter of leaving that theater and going into another one in the same complex.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
If you hate the abortive trilogy that are the prequels to "Star Wars" as much as I do then you must watch these crazy video reviews by this guy Plinkett. Watch them in order. You'll laugh your ass off. I only wish this guy had done reviews of SGU. He would have knocked it out of the park!

Start with this one and then check out the rest of his reviews:

http://www.redlettermedia.com/phantom_menace.html

OMG!!! Those reviews were hilarous. I will say that the whole pcychotic murderer bit got a little old but he did dissect the prequels pretty good, and pointed out the actual plot, character and script issues (I like that a whole lot better than just "it sucks").

At that, I think he didn't quite go far enough. A HUGE problem with the prequels was that the story contradicted the first three movies constantly, to the point that Lucas actually engaged in retconning (in his special editions) to try to bring them a bit more into line.

In the original films, Anakin Skywalker was seduced by the dark side in large part because he wasn't trained properly by a qualified Jedi Master. Obi Wan decided ON HIS OWN that he could do the training as well as Yoda, and thus caused the entire problem. Yoda was supposed to train all Jedi.

In the prequels, the Jedi Council allows him to train Anakin WITH YODA'S BLESSING. Despite this, Anakin (correctly noted in the reviews as a massively stupid idiot) is manipulated into embracing the dark side out of fear for Padme.

Big continuity issue there....

Another issue that causes huge problems. A key element in both Return of the Jedi and Empire Strikes Back is that neither Vader nor the Emperor had any notion of who Yoda was. According the Empire Strikes Back, what is needed to defeat the Emperor and Vader is a fully trained Jedi Knight. Luke IS a fully trained Jedi Knight by Yoda's own words in Return of the Jedi. Vader was not (Obi Wan's words after Yoda dies makes this pretty clear).

This leads both Vader and the Emperor to constantly underestimate Luke - all they know of is his preliminary training by Obi Wan. It is also THE reason they fail to turn him.

In the prequels both the Emperor and Vader know Yoda well. Also Anakin (later to be Vader) is a fully trained Jedi Knight.

This again is a huge contradiction that seriously messes up the storyline.

Also, he turns the nature of the "light side" of the Force on its head. All of a sudden the Jedi are moral relativists and the Sith are moral absolutists? That is the reverse of the portrayal in the original films.

It all makes me think Lucas was totally stoned when he wrote the prequel scripts.

ChromeToasterX

GateFans Noob
OMG!!! Those reviews were hilarous. I will say that the whole pcychotic murderer bit got a little old but he did dissect the prequels pretty good, and pointed out the actual plot, character and script issues (I like that a whole lot better than just "it sucks").

At that, I think he didn't quite go far enough. A HUGE problem with the prequels was that the story contradicted the first three movies constantly, to the point that Lucas actually engaged in retconning (in his special editions) to try to bring them a bit more into line.

In the original films, Anakin Skywalker was seduced by the dark side in large part because he wasn't trained properly by a qualified Jedi Master. Obi Wan decided ON HIS OWN that he could do the training as well as Yoda, and thus caused the entire problem. Yoda was supposed to train all Jedi.

In the prequels, the Jedi Council allows him to train Anakin WITH YODA'S BLESSING. Despite this, Anakin (correctly noted in the reviews as a massively stupid idiot) is manipulated into embracing the dark side out of fear for Padme.

Another issue that causes huge problems. A key element in both Return of the Jedi and Empire Strikes Back is that neither Vader nor the Emperor had any notion of who Yoda was. According the Empire Strikes Back, what is needed to defeat the Emperor and Vader is a fully trained Jedi Knight. Luke IS a fully trained Jedi Knight by Yoda's own words in Return of the Jedi. Vader was not (Obi Wan's words after Yoda dies makes this pretty clear).

This leads both Vader and the Emperor to constantly underestimate Luke - all they know of is his preliminary training by Obi Wan. It is also THE reason they fail to turn him.

In the prequels both the Emperor and Vader know Yoda well. Also Anakin (later to be Vader) is a fully trained Jedi Knight.

Also, he turns the nature of the "light side" of the Force on its head. All of a sudden the Jedi are moral relativists and the Sith are moral absolutists? That is the reverse of the portrayal in the original films.

It all makes me think Lucas was totally stoned when he wrote the prequel scripts.
Actually, the rough draft of the Phantom Menace seemed to be a lot more in line with the Original Trilogy, so I have no idea what was going on in Lucas's head when he was making these films.

http://secrethistoryofstarwars.com/thebeginning.html

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Yeah, Plinkett's reviews are hilarious! You're right in that the psycho killer joke gets old fast though. But the rest of the reviews are good in that he points out these glaring contradictions and blatant idiotic mistakes, and he does so with a "redneck" sort of approach. That's what makes the reviews both funny and appealing because he's saying even the most vapid of Star Wars fans are able to see what steaming piles of crap the prequels were compared to the grandiose idiocy blinding their creator, George Lucas.

You're right about the continuity problems and the contradictions in the prequels. I remember watching the end of "Revenge of the Sith" where Yoda is (conveniently) wrapping everything up in a conversation with Obi Wan and all I could think was 'Huh?' What was Lucas smoking when he wrote that crap?

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Right an update on the character on transformers 3

tf3-sentinel-prime-header.jpg

That's Sentinel prime

The new issue of Empire Magazine has some images from Transformers: Dark of the Moon, which give a new look at Sentinel Prime (i.e. the aged ‘bot seen at the end of the film’s teaser) and a new look at the revamped Optimus Prime. See full images and get a few tiny new details about the film, after the break.
Check the gallery for the image scans, which come from TFW2005.

http://www.slashfilm.com/transformers-dark-moon-images-show-sentinel-prime/

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LOOKS good...need to hear reviews this time.

Also a new trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFxH2hUBuhI

This time, I will not allow my nephew to get me to take him in the first week of showing this one. The humping robot...Mud Flap and Skids...:facepalm:. I have heard that the "college humor" is being taken out of the new one, but I want to know for sure before I spend 10 bucks on garbage like I did before. :)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
This time, I will not allow my nephew to get me to take him in the first week of showing this one. The humping robot...Mud Flap and Skids...:facepalm:. I have heard that the "college humor" is being taken out of the new one, but I want to know for sure before I spend 10 bucks on garbage like I did before. :)

You can bet your horses that it will be a million times better than, watching SGU.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Thats like....

You can bet your horses that it will be a million times better than, watching SGU.

Well, thats sorta like saying its better to smell farts than to smell a freshly laid log of poo (rhymes with SGU). :D

ChromeToasterX

GateFans Noob
I really like how the new love interest girl looks totally inhuman. The least you could say about Megan Fox was that see looked nice, even if her character was pretty poorly fleshed out.