Transformers: Age of Extinction teaser

heisenberg

Earl Grey

Good to see no shia lamoron in this but did I just see robotic dinosaurs? dafuq?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Ahh, they are finally getting to the Dinobots!!
My boy is gonna love this one :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I one of the guys who actually likes the mainframe's take on the beast wars/transformers franchise Scott Mcneil's voices fitted the roles so well. I never liked the original transformers cartoon movie.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I one of the guys who actually likes the mainframe's take on the beast wars/transformers franchise Scott Mcneil's voices fitted the roles so well. I never liked the original transformers cartoon movie.

I will guiltily admit to liking "Beast Wars" also. For such a goofy premise it was stylishly done.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
beast wars was the "tron techno" one wasn't it?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Why did Michael Kaboom dump Shameful LaBeouf?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Last edited by a moderator:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Shaved.
There is a semi TRON/ techno mix of transformers, where you have the transformers and the "tron pattern" of squares as well. I was not sure if it was Beast wars.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I decided to catch "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" again (and still puzzled as to why they dropped the word "Side" from title) and I am officially Transformered out. Marky Mark and the Blowup Bunch can have this latest movie to themselves.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Shaved.
There is a semi TRON/ techno mix of transformers, where you have the transformers and the "tron pattern" of squares as well. I was not sure if it was Beast wars.

I don't recall that one but it's been years since I've watched those shows anyway. I don't recall any Tron effects in Beast Wars though.

Incidentally, they did try to reboot Transformers in cartoon form recently. I only caught a couple eps though. Did not care for how they did the humans that were in it. And the animation seems a bit too..."stretchy" or something. It's hard to describe. I prefer the animation from the 90's where it was as realistic as possible.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Looks like crud to me. Same stupidly overbusy visuals and destruction scenes with lots of clanking metal to the point where it evokes no emotional reaction that made the other movies not work.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Why did Michael Kaboom dump Shameful LaBeouf?

Well the fact that he's retired and apparently the link below explains the situation between him and Michael.

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/90251/michael-bay-on-why-shia-labeouf-isnt-in-new-transformers

http://abcnews.go.com/US/social-climber-shia-labeouf-quits-nasa-finds-hand/story?id=21498114

I will guiltily admit to liking "Beast Wars" also. For such a goofy premise it was stylishly done.

That's why I liked it as well, it had some comedy moments and the graphics were ahead of it's time. Plus the voice actors were really well casted.

The recent reboot of the transformers series is so badly designed, I don't know they look very amateurish compared to the badass stuff from the 90's.

B

Backstep

I for one am glad LaBeouf is not in this movie, had enough of his babbling of err umm huh and whats.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
An irony is that the Jaegers in Pacific Rim don't even speak (as they are giant manned vehicles not sentient drama queen robots) and they have better defined characters than the Transformers in the movies do.