TNT to Run Castle in Syndication

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
With the news release that TNT is renewing Leverage for another season (I've loved that show from the beginning), they also mentioned that they will be running Castle in syndication.

In my happy place...

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
With the news release that TNT is renewing Leverage for another season (I've loved that show from the beginning), they also mentioned that they will be running Castle in syndication.

In my happy place...

:joy::joy:yaaaay:joy::joy:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I don't think I will ever get over the classic line "Guess who's got a date with a prostitute...!"

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Running the shows that have already aired. It can be very lucrative, depending on the show. USA, for example, makes a boatload of money running Law & Order:SVU and NCIS reruns.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
heck that is what kept Star trek alive...reruns every day at 430 pm (in Maine :P) -- syndication CREATED the trekkies -- of which i am one! :D:D

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I've always wondered why more Scifi shows never go the direct to syndication path. Lets face it, Scifi and fantasy shows are not cheap, why not spread the cost around? Owning a show is good and all, but Virtually no station can make it "work" for very long. As Rac says Star Trek was built on syndication, be it TOS, TNG, DS9 or VOY. IIRC, Enterprise was the only non direct to syndication show, and look where it ended.

S

Stonelesscutter

I've always wondered why more Scifi shows never go the direct to syndication path. Lets face it, Scifi and fantasy shows are not cheap, why not spread the cost around? Owning a show is good and all, but Virtually no station can make it "work" for very long. As Rac says Star Trek was built on syndication, be it TOS, TNG, DS9 or VOY. IIRC, Enterprise was the only non direct to syndication show, and look where it ended.

It sounds like you're making a good point.