This is what happens when I can't sleep.

Red Mage

Boney
A while back I did a fake magazine cover for "Soap Opera Monthly" to mock SGU as the soap opera it truly is. Well since I can't seem to sleep at all tonight, I've spent the past 45 minutes mocking up a few more. Enjoy or not. Atleast I had fun :icon_lol:
edit:
I moved my all photos around into different folders on photobucket which seems to have changed the link to them. I'll get around to changing it sometime.

They are basically all gone :( save for a few pictures

Tropicana

Council Member
LOL, loving these shots.

If one is bored enough, it won't be long before someone actually creates a "Soap Opera Monthly" e-magazine, lol.

Nani

GateFans Noob
Awesome work! LOL!

Red Mage

Boney
Glad to see the positive feedback

I did one more which I seemed to have forgotten to upload. Actually two more but I don't like the way the Season 1.5 "hype" issue came out in the end so I deleted it. The next and last one I will make is for SGU's cancellation. :icon_lol:

sgu-mag5.jpg

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
Awesomeness

ROTFLMAO these are hilarious!

The season 2 one is my favorite - First Scoop on Lucian Alliance Lovers! LOL - but they are all so funny! Love the interview topics and the interviewees - Sherry on Entitlement, Hinman, and Joe Mallozzi on pugs and Angry Atlantis fans - fabulous :laughing:

Great job :thoranime12:

Red Mage

Boney
I organized my photobucket account a bit. Some of the stuff I think I temporarily deleted when moving into a different folder whiched changed the link url causing the photos not to pop up anymore. I'll fix it whenever I get around to it. Photobucket always seems to freeze or crash my browser so I hate going there.

S

Stonelesscutter

I organized my photobucket account a bit. Some of the stuff I think I temporarily deleted when moving into a different folder whiched changed the link url causing the photos not to pop up anymore. I'll fix it whenever I get around to it. Photobucket always seems to freeze or crash my browser so I hate going there.

So when are you going to get around to it? I'm dying to see those pics u made.
Also, why the frak do you use photobucket at all instead of just uploading them straight to the server?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I was thinking the same thing...

So when are you going to get around to it? I'm dying to see those pics u made.
Also, why the frak do you use photobucket at all instead of just uploading them straight to the server?

Good question! Loading pics at another site runs the risk of dying if the original source is blocked or offline.

Red Mage

Boney
I used photobucket because the image size was larger than what is supported on the 600 x 400 or whatever the max for the direct upload here is. I wasn't planning on fixing it until I made a "final" issue for SGU's cancellation. Now that the show is canned, I got to get on that.

Red Mage

Boney
I can't find them on my computer. Probably got purged by accident. I can't even find my SGU-Sleep aid ad. I only found 1 which was the original:

magazine5d122970eaa91b92ab8ca7f81150f50452eb7300.jpg

Granted I only searched for a minute but If I find anything else, I'll post it. Otherwise I'll probably use this topic for some articles I'm slowly writing.

Red Mage

Boney
Thanks for the green. Those covers were extremely easy to make though.

http://bighugelabs.com/magazine.php

All you have to do is upload a pic for the background, pick what colors you want, write the text and the site generates the cover for you. However, I didn't like how the text was formatted by the site so after the original cover I wrote in the text myself using MSPaint.

I wish I could find my SGU pictures. I made one that was a parody DVD cover of the Jim Carey film Liar Liar which had Joe Mallozzi on the front instead with that quote by him that basically said if SGA fans watched SGU they would get their movie. I don't think I ever posted that one either. It's a shame most of this stuff is lost.

edit- found the Mallozzi pic. I don't think I ever posted it because I felt it was maybe too inflammatory since its basically calling him a liar.

Red Mage

Boney
SGU: The Game

I couldn't find the mag covers but I found these screenshots from the hypothetical SGU visual novel game :icon_lol:

Edit- noticed the F-words in the chloe pic. Now censored.

S

Stonelesscutter

Thanks for the green. Those covers were extremely easy to make though.

http://bighugelabs.com/magazine.php

All you have to do is upload a pic for the background, pick what colors you want, write the text and the site generates the cover for you. However, I didn't like how the text was formatted by the site so after the original cover I wrote in the text myself using MSPaint.

I wish I could find my SGU pictures. I made one that was a parody DVD cover of the Jim Carey film Liar Liar which had Joe Mallozzi on the front instead with that quote by him that basically said if SGA fans watched SGU they would get their movie. I don't think I ever posted that one either. It's a shame most of this stuff is lost.

edit- found the Mallozzi pic. I don't think I ever posted it because I felt it was maybe too inflammatory since its basically calling him a liar.

There's nothing wrong with calling him a liar. I think there's hardly a soul on this site that hasn't done so at some time in the past.