These Korean teenagers do a PERFECT acapella of Stevie Wonder's "Isn't She Lovely"

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
AWESOME!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think that the rise of karaoke has brought out the natural singer in many young people. I have heard some voices that belong on the radio doing karaoke from the most unexpected looking people. This one was great!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
just more left out K popper wanna be's looking for a 'hook'

many of the vids on this groups YT home page are Seoul Music HS students

They are GOOD. Especially the vocalist. How is any of this kpop? When I think of kpop, I think of bubblegum music and fast beats and young Koreans wearing makeup (male and female alike). Here is an example:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
They are GOOD. Especially the vocalist. How is any of this kpop? When I think of kpop, I think of bubblegum music and fast beats and young Koreans wearing makeup (male and female alike). Here is an example:

i don't need examples

with 12 (or more) korean sat channels on our directv-with my wife nearly daily saying "look at this stupid crap their doing now (referring to the latest kpop vid)-we get plenty

kpop is anything that hs been adopted by the culture, washed and spun, then dried out-like squid on a rack-to be KPOP

even certain words and phrases in english are a part of the whole kpop "thing"

in such a saturated market-youngsters iterested in becoming the next "big"- must constantly look for a way in

and that way in is not like americans think--its not a "your'e great,sign the contract" and they start recording tracks

its more of "your'e great, sign your life away here and have your stuff moved into the company apartment by sunset"--a life of servitude then begins. one that koreans are happy to be ensnared by the false life of KPOP

http://www.greenteagraffiti.com/behind-the-scenes-the-life-of-a-kpop-star-part-1/

something like this is much more closer to a more 'organic' form of korean popular music

"trot"

and really traditional 'pansori'

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i don't need examples

with 12 (or more) korean sat channels on our directv-with my wife nearly daily saying "look at this stupid crap their doing now (referring to the latest kpop vid)-we get plenty

kpop is anything that hs been adopted by the culture, washed and spun, then dried out-like squid on a rack-to be KPOP

even certain words and phrases in english are a part of the whole kpop "thing"

in such a saturated market-youngsters iterested in becoming the next "big"- must constantly look for a way in

and that way in is not like americans think--its not a "your'e great,sign the contract" and they start recording tracks

its more of "your'e great, sign your life away here and have your stuff moved into the company apartment by sunset"--a life of servitude then begins. one that koreans are happy to be ensnared by the false life of KPOP

http://www.greenteagraffiti.com/behind-the-scenes-the-life-of-a-kpop-star-part-1/

something like this is much more closer to a more 'organic' form of korean popular music

"trot"

and really traditional 'pansori'

You are viewing this from a relatively uncommon perspective. For MOST people, kpop means what I showed you in that video. It does not mean co-opted things from America or elsewhere, and it does not mean doing cover songs which are rap or American pop. It means girls who look like this:

wonder_girls_304.png

And boys who look like this:

9.-B.A.P.jpg

Your definitions are more precise, but they do not convey what the average person thinks of when they hear the word "kpop". It is not popular in the United States at all. 2/3 of people will not know what kpop is at all, let alone what it includes. Just like anime. Few people know the difference between shonen, shojo, seinen, josei, and kodomomuke or manga. Anime fans do, but there are just not that many of them.