"The World's End" Pegg/Frost/Wright's Latest

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
We're planning on seeing it this weekend.

I've liked everything they've done so far, so I'm really looking forward to this one. From everything I've read about it thus far, those who have already screened it enjoyed it a lot.

We watched the old Pegg/Frost show television program "Spaced" recently and (I think) liked it a lot more than we thought we might.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
We're planning on seeing it this weekend.

I've liked everything they've done so far, so I'm really looking forward to this one. From everything I've read about it thus far, those who have already screened it enjoyed it a lot.

We watched the old Pegg/Frost show television program "Spaced" recently and (I think) liked it a lot more than we thought we might.
including "PAUL"?? i found it on the weaker side myself :/

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I watched Paul for the humor of seeing Sigourney Weaver as an evil conniving beyotch. So nice when that figurative house fell on her.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Paul was meh, but then I don't count Paul as one of them because Pegg and Frost did not work with Edgar Wright on that one. They are on this one.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

I absolutely despise Seth Rogan, even if he's only a voice in a movie. He totally ruined PAUL for me.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
True. Seth Rogen singlehandedly made "The Green Hornet" into pond scum.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I really enjoyed Paul (its an "only see it once" movie). I was wasted, so that might have helped. :)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I really enjoyed Paul (its an "only see it once" movie). I was wasted, so that might have helped. :)

That's not really saying much about Paul. You'd probably enjoy Val Kilmer's Batman wasted, bro. :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I absolutely despise Seth Rogan, even if he's only a voice in a movie. He totally ruined PAUL for me.

OMG...I despise him too. :smiley_talktothehand:
--- merged: Aug 23, 2013 at 4:12 PM ---
True. Seth Rogen singlehandedly made "The Green Hornet" into pond scum.

He destroyed it. I really cant imagine him in any sort of movie I would like. I find absolutely NOTHING funny, interesting or pleasant about him. He is a big animated blob of goo that makes noise and messes up anything he is dripped on. He is like a hair you find in your soup.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
He played a big animated blob of (blue) goo in "Monsters vs. Aliens", so you're not far off, OM1.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
He actually worked in Monsters vs. Aliens because he basically played himself.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
OMG...I despise him too. :smiley_talktothehand:
--- merged: Aug 23, 2013 at 4:12 PM ---

He destroyed it. I really cant imagine him in any sort of movie I would like. I find absolutely NOTHING funny, interesting or pleasant about him. He is a big animated blob of goo that makes noise and messes up anything he is dripped on. He is like a hair you find in your soup.

A pubic hair. A big, gnarly pubic hair that makes you puke. That is what Seth Rogan is to American cinema.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
So far what I have heard is good - pairing Pegg and Frost and getting them back with Edgar Wright has gotten them back the timing and "magic" they had in Shaun of the Dead and hot Fuzz.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I finally got to see this film.

Getting Simon Pegg and Nick Frost back together was good. Getting them teamed back up with Edgar Wright directing was great, as Wright knows better than anyone how to direct these two as a tandem. And they shine again. Interestingly, their roles are almost polar opposites of what they played in Shaun of the Dead. This time Frost is the more responsible one and Pegg is the man child - and it works.

The premise of the movie sounds just like you'd expect from this team - five guys getting a bit older try to recreate the pub crawl they attempted as high school graduates but failed at. In the process the Science Fiction piece comes into play as it turns out their childhood town they have returned to for the crawl has an "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" alien "invasion" scenario underway.

I found it funny and entertaining. It also had some sentimental pieces not common in these types of films - which Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz did too. In an odd way it was sort of about people growing up albeit a touch late. Well worth the time to watch.