The Punisher

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
dropped psvue as 'live tv' option for hulu with live tv

it is a little irritating though, some networks still run ads (contractual with hulu i guess) and in the case of FOX, there seems to be no live viewing, just on demand after the air date. another issue--you can watch AMC live but can't on demand many of the shows. still working it out

i wish they had a 'grid display' to show channels--like pluto does!

I decided to stick with Amazon. :) My Roku has become more than 75% of my viewing now. Between watching Amazon Prime on it, I watch Comet TV, Pluto TV, Crackle, and my own collections using Playon on the computer and accessing it using the Playon Channel on Roku. Makes everything seamless.

I do get weird disconnects though, and sometimes messages telling me I have insufficient bandwidth? I have very high speed internet and only three wireless devices attached.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I decided to stick with Amazon. :) My Roku has become more than 75% of my viewing now. Between watching Amazon Prime on it, I watch Comet TV, Pluto TV, Crackle, and my own collections using Playon on the computer and accessing it using the Playon Channel on Roku. Makes everything seamless.

I do get weird disconnects though, and sometimes messages telling me I have insufficient bandwidth? I have very high speed internet and only three wireless devices attached.

I never get those msgs; the version of your roku player IS SUPPOSED to be the same as my roku tv as far as performance, etc. but that could just be to sell more of them, idk

the only issue i have been having lately is with netflix stopping play and then bouncing my tv all the way back to the roku menu and sometimes restarting the tv!

NOT one other app does this-not amazon (which is strange cause doesn't netflix use amazon's servers or something?), not hulu not youtube..nothing

nf customer spt says that it isn't them--of course--its me!

i need to unplug my tv and then plug it back in. but, this only works in a singular fashion. the next day i need to do the same thing, so i am thinking it is THEM. :netflix:

again, an oddity seeing how the roku was developed by netflix you'd think they'd keep up or keep them well-knitted to one another? and/or, not advance their player beyond the limits of one of the most popular devices used to stream their content

ps-- this problem only started after they made a change to their p,layer. the one that brought the audible "duh-dun" when you get to the "who'watching" screen

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Still a slow crawl with this show. There is a ridiculous amount of filler. They could easily cut this show down to 8 episodes and still do it justice. Typical Netflix waste of money. :rolleye0014:

so, probably another one of those watch first and last eps and your good then?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Or you could just not skip through and watch the thing.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I still have not started my viewing of this yet. :) It's Shane from The Walking Dead! I am hearing mostly great things about the show elsewhere, and it isn't spin.

I don't have a fetish for lackadaisically wasting the hours of my life nor do I have a tolerance for having my intelligence insulted. This character and his story are definitely interesting but there are glaring flaws in the way Netflix produces this stuff. Watching it simply because it's there is not a valid reason. By doing that you are saying that your time and your intelligence are not valuable and shouldn't be respected.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I still have not started my viewing of this yet. :) It's Shane from The Walking Dead! I am hearing mostly great things about the show elsewhere, and it isn't spin.
Really ! This guy was Shane ! Holy crap ... It never clicked lol ...
Well he did a not bad job as the punisher to be honest but yah , just fast forward threw some of the slow parts and you should be fine . I have to admit tho when he does the macho yell , I had to laugh . It's when he has tons of people shooting at him . He does this macho yell and I just laugh every time ...
Such bravado bullshit lol ...
Anyway its a good watch .
;)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I've re-watched season 1 and am now about halfway through season 2. I just wanna say this. The Punisher is the best of all the Marvel series by far. I love this show. I'm not generally the type which goes for tough guy shows and movies, but man, when I'm watching this show I just know that after some story arc building for a few episodes there's gonna be an episode where the shit hits the fan in a major way and I can't help but find it so gratifying. I love the scenes where Frank Castle just rips up the "bad guys" like it's a demolition job. Daredevil is (was) a good show, but this one is better.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Finished season 2 now. I love this show. It'll probably be canceled now anyway, but I would be happy if they made more of it. Disney's coming with new Marvel shows and all other Netflix Marvel shows have already been axed. So perhaps if they do continue this show it would be under the Disney banner? But then, this show is pretty violent compared to Disney's offerings.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member