The Punisher - Dirty Laundry (short with Thomas Jane)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
All I wanna know is ... where the hell was THIS guy in the first Punisher movie?

Bluce Ree

It's a Thomas Jane production with the help of a few friends who made this just for fun, which he released at the last Comic Con.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/coo...-punisher-fan-film-and-showed-it-at-comic-con

IMO, it would do much better as an action series than a big screen movie. I wish HBO would pick up this version of the Punisher. Not only would it bring some badly needed serious action to HBO's original lineup but I'd be so hooked.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Remember there are two punisher movies so far.

The first one where John Travolta was the villain was out and out bad. Alas that was the one with Thomas Jane in it - he tried but the script and villain were just ridiculous.

Then we had Punisher: War Zone, which was awful almost beyond belief. That was the Ray Stevenson one.

Bluce Ree

Remember there are two punisher movies so far.

The first one where John Travolta was the villain was out and out bad. Alas that was the one with Thomas Jane in it - he tried but the script and villain were just ridiculous.

Then we had Punisher: War Zone, which was awful almost beyond belief. That was the Ray Stevenson one.

Jane was the perfect Castle cast in a badly written movie. The second one was just plain awful.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Jane was the perfect Castle cast in a badly written movie. The second one was just plain awful.

True, true. If they do this again use Jane but get a better writer!!!

It's kind of like the question "Why did The Avengers work?". By all rights a superhero film with that many alpha heroes in it should have been a mess. But credit has to go to Joss Whedon for creating a screenplay that actually had a brain, heart and humor. Punisher is similar in the the character itself is a good one and we even have a good actor for the role - now give us a screenplay to do them justice.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
avengers DIDNT work it was and still is a steaming pile of shite.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Was that Dark Knight music playing in the background in the vid? I remember thinking Jane was a good fit for the character in the first movie, but movie was kinda forgettable.

Bluce Ree

Was that Dark Knight music playing in the background in the vid? I remember thinking Jane was a good fit for the character in the first movie, but movie was kinda forgettable.

Jane is aching to do a another Punisher movie the way he thinks it should have been done. I so want that to happen after seeing this vid.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
All I wanna know is ... where the hell was THIS guy in the first Punisher movie?

Looks good for what it is

My issue with movies like this is for every 10 guys who thinks the ass kicking justice dealing dude is cool, there is 1 or 2 who thinks the rapist punk ass is the cool one. they are usually the ones who act out and actually commit the crime.

I am sure that someone somewhere is screaming "racism" when they see this. the punks are mostly black while the good guys are white. I am not one of them-just sayin. Funny though, cause that same person who says racism here is the same one who says "DJANGO UNCHAINED" is a righteous flick--whatever

and

Ron Perlman should of hung up his acting hat after "Quest for Fire" . just IMO. I know a lot of people like him, to me he is just not a good actor.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Looks good for what it is

My issue with movies like this is for every 10 guys who thinks the ass kicking justice dealing dude is cool, there is 1 or 2 who thinks the rapist punk ass is the cool one. they are usually the ones who act out and actually commit the crime.

I am sure that someone somewhere is screaming "racism" when they see this. the punks are mostly black while the good guys are white. I am not one of them-just sayin. Funny though, cause that same person who says racism here is the same one who says "DJANGO UNCHAINED" is a righteous flick--whatever

and

Ron Perlman should of hung up his acting hat after "Quest for Fire" . just IMO. I know a lot of people like him, to me he is just not a good actor.
So, you didn't like him in "Name of the Rose"?