The OA on netflix-definitely strange but definitely good

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
just about at the end of the first season 8 eps--approx 1 hr each

it is a show with some decent talent and, imo, good production and some big names behind it (Brad Pitt is one of them though he is not in it)

it has the mysticism of SENSE8 and some of the same familiar quirkiness of it but yet different

first episode is kind of draggy--hell- they don't even show the opening title sequence until 57 mins in!!

kind of sci fi IN THAT it deals with some fringe medical issues as well as mental projection and i am thinking some other things will be tossed in--but it best to think of it has paranormal with some sci fi bits

some spoilers in this review--- https://www.wired.com/2016/12/netflix-the-oa-review-binge/

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I enjoyed it . Hopefully we get a season 2. The girl who played the lead is also the writer for the show.
She spent a few months in NewYork with a blind person whom had lost there sight at a young age . She went out into the streets blindfolded with him learning how to navigate threw the very busy streets and said it was terryfying as hell .
Listen to the interview here
http://www.cbc.ca/radio/q
;) ;) ;)

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Hopefully we get a season 2

and if there isn't, the way the season ended was well done as a finale or as a lead in to a 2nd season

----------------

what is your take on the way they blended genres (a bit) with the scientific (medical;near death experience research) and the para normal?

is the Dr a psychopath or sociopath or one who is 'buried' in his work and cannot be classified as either becasue of his immersion into it? What our his motive other then "i saw ppl dying and wanted to know..."?

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Well those are tall questions . I think each person will take away something different from this show . Other than where did humans come from mystery we all have the what happens when we die mystery . A good friend of mine died at a hockey rink while playing a game with some friends. Paramedics revived him luckily . He said he remembered nothing about the experience . Just that they revived him .

;) ;) ;)

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
He said he remebered nothing about the experience . Just that they revived him .

yeah- I knew a guy who won an all expense paid trip to Hawaii.

all he remembers was the long flight, crashing in his hotel room and drinking from the room's fridge.... :) :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
looking like it will be back in feb '18

but then, S1 was released without warning earlier then it was supposed to be, so who knows?

i wish NF would add a 'coming soon' bit to their menu