The Newsroom - Aaron Sorkin's New HBO Show

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I watched the premiere episode last night and really liked it, but I'll add that I generally like Sorkin's stuff. (I still miss Sports Night). Sam Waterson plays the alcohol-guzzling guy in charge of the news division at the mythical ACN cable network.

HBO has released the premiere episode to YouTube as well, so that even non-subscribers can see it. You can find it here (if you're interested).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U4ZhFDFYvE (having issues posting with the normal video link - sorry)

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I just watched the first episode, and I really enjoyed it. Sorkin has a real gift for writing dialogue, and it of course shows in The Newsroom as well, and so far I think he has done better with the characters compared to his previous tv outing, Studio 60, where they all fell very flat.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I'm still enjoying it. It's been interesting, watching things develop between the characters.

The latest news is that Sorkin has let most of the writing staff go and either has already or will be hiring new writing staff for Season 2.

Highlander

GateFans Cadet
It would be so nice to have a news broad cast that really gave a shit about the news and keep people really informed. I didn't think I would like the show but I do. The news shouldn't be an extentsion of the E-News or ET. We need real news.