The Mummy Tanked at the Box Office

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Jennifer Lawrence may be the most overrated actress out there today. And if you really look at her filmography the Hunger Games films and X-Men Days of Future Past represent almost all of her boxoffice "draw" - and it is very arguable whether she was the reason those films were watched in the first place.

She is absolutely awful. Even given the easiest of scripts and loads of promotion, she is just not intriguing or really that talented. Plus her looks are just meh, and that would not be a factor if she could act. Look at Emily Blunt. She should be getting some of that work. I bet she would turn down most of the parts Jennifer played in.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I usually put Jennifer Lawrence in a "club" with other members such as Kristen Stewart, Miley Cyrus and Megan Fox. All are terrible actresses that you actually wonder how they even get cast.

That doesn't mean they are the only bad actresses, but they belong in a special club of badness.

The problem with Lawrence is that she believes her own press. Her ego has been artificially inflated to the point that she thinks she is this super talented force of nature. She's not. She's arrogant and crude and very un-lady like. There's nothing appealing about a woman who is a ball buster. There simply isn't. And worse, the Hollywood machine acts like every single role she plays is an Oscar-worthy performance. The hype around her is actually quite pitiful.

Now, as Mr. List said above, someone like Emily Blunt is actually worthy of high praise when it comes to acting. She's talented and doesn't come off like an entitled bitch in interviews. She doesn't suck the air out of a room when she's in it.

Jennifer Lawrence: Typical annoying entitled American princess

b0b19c1a75c85eae_tumblr_mnjrzfcROd1sstxpso1_500.xxxlarge.gif

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
WHY DID they remake it so close to the last time? especially given the last time was a hit??? just don't understand.....

it was supposed to be the first movie in a line of movies all connected i think, through the character that Russel Crowe played.

i didn't see it

what i do know- and i also know there are not a lot of fans of the Anne Rice Vampire Series' books here- but this concept would have been a perfect way to get the Rice series of movies going again

She has a book about a Mummy and other non vampire immortals, this could have been a way to have this female mummy villain be an introduction to Akasha and the Rice vampire origin story.

just totally in my lonely opinion (here at least :( ) that character Crowe plays and his organization could have also been a perfect way to intro the Talamasca as well

if you have read all the rice books--Vampire chronicles and associated books-you'll know what I mean.

btw-the first two attempts at making her books into movies-Interview with a vampire and queen of the damned, have very little to do with the source material. if they ever did it right-one reason Rice has purchased the rights to production back from whatever studio had them-they could be very entertaining movies about "non sparkling" vampires/ other immortal beings