The Event to continue on Syfy!?!

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
People on here said this could happen with V but it seems Syfy is in serious negotiations to pick up The Event as a miniseries.

Personally speaking I'm fairly shocked, I thought all the talk of The Event continuing were just created by the producers. It seems this is a real thing that could happen though...with The Event.

Mere minutes after NBC canceled freshman thriller The Event on the unlucky Friday, May 13, show creator Nick Wauters and executive producer Steve Stark told fans that there was a chance the drama could continue elsewhere. That possibility is now taking shape.
Sources confirm that Syfy is in talks to pick up The Event as a miniseries. Helping things is the fact that Syfy and The Event producer, Universal Media Studios, are corporate siblings. But migrating a broadcast show to cable is never easy, and I hear discussions are underway to see if it would be financially feasible.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/06/scoop-nbcs-the-event-to-continue-on-syfy/#more-221511
http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/nbcs-the-event-may-continue-as-miniseries-on-syfy/

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Bleh. :puke:
I hated The Event from the start so I don't think I'd give the show another chance this time 'round either. I'm not very surprised that Syfy went for The Event instead of V because like the article said, The Event is produced by an arm of the company that owns Syfy so that probably makes things a lot easier.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
I watched all of The Event but it became more habit than enjoyment. It's poorly written to a point of parody and it's quite possibly bottom on my list of shows that deserve a second chance.

Syfy as a channel just kind of repels me further and further these days.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
SYFY's Craig Engler just tweeted this

I would become quite cross if they picked up The Event but not V. At least they are remaining consistent. I dont use Twitter, but Im wondering if perhaps I should get familiar with it so we can tweet him ourselves!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Syfy - When you think we can do nothing further to disgust you, please say hi to our new series: "Ghost Chef", where cooking goes paranormal!

Thats a joke, isnt it? I sure hope so! Can you imagine them doing that trend?

Wrestler Chefs
Ghost Wrestlers
Chef Hunters

:facepalm:

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
I would become quite cross if they picked up The Event but not V. At least they are remaining consistent. I dont use Twitter, but Im wondering if perhaps I should get familiar with it so we can tweet him ourselves!

I have twitter and tweet him occasionaly, but a gatefans twitter would be cool!

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan

Why? Both shows were cancelled recently and the former seems easier to pick up.

Still I wouldn't expect to see the deal go through; these sorts of things almost never work out.

S

Stonelesscutter

I have twitter and tweet him occasionaly, but a gatefans twitter would be cool!

That would be sooo neat!!!
Why haven't we thought of that before?
Links to new Gatefans articles could go right on twitter.
I'd follow it.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Or, in a twisted crossover inspired by the movie "Thor" SyFy announces the green lighting of a new show called "Hel's Kitchen", where wannabe chefs recreate the dishes served to the Norse gods.

(see what insomnia can do for you?)

The Norse gods don't live in Hel's realm sweetheart. :(
But the Idea is freaking funny :D

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
The Norse gods don't live in Hel's realm sweetheart. :(
But the Idea is freaking funny :D
I know they don't, honey. Dear Hel resides in Niflheim, as I recall. (This is what happens when you're Loki's daughter, I suppose.) Those who don't die a warrior's death end up there. Or I may be wrong. Again. Wouldn't be the first time.

But we're talking SyFy here. These are the people who apparently believe that wrestling qualifies as "sci-fi".

Meh.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
LMAO! Yes, that one! That thread had me in stitches for a whole week. :joy:

If only Mallozzi and company had listened. They might have saved SGU that way...