Earl Grey

Great idea

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Great idea

yeah, great idea, but

with all of this talent involved--as stated, with so much experience and fame

why do they need our money?

in the past, when ppl like this had an idea like thin, they put their money together and did it.

ps: Has 'Borg Boy' even had a acting job since VOYAGER?

heisenberg

Earl Grey
yeah, great idea, but

with all of this talent involved--as stated, with so much experience and fame

why do they need our money?

in the past, when ppl like this had an idea like thin, they put their money together and did it.

ps: Has 'Borg Boy' even had a acting job since VOYAGER?
Because these actors need to get paid for the time they are contributing. Clearly they want to be involved in the project, and want to be paid for it, so why is that so wrong?

Is it because it doesn't follow the shitty/monotonous what people tend to call 'real jobs' and what we do? These so called 'real jobs' drain whatever creativity we all have and joyfulness so we end up killing ourselves on the inside. I have seen what happens when you don't follow your dreams. I am a classic example. I followed the money train and it hasn't led to a path that I enjoy. Sure my income is high but creative wise, it brings nothing new.

I would love to do a job that I can enjoy not have to drag myself to work everyday. Unfortunately, I never knew what I was good at and what I was passionate about. I love a lot of things, but then I find out there are way, way, way more gifted people than me which crushes my spirit to even attempt.

So he likes to be type cast, and I don't mind that. You stay happier unlike us who are forced to enjoy our work.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Great idea

The actors themselves are HUGE fans of out type of science fiction, and as long as they do not step on too many toes, they can still pull this off. Some of this stuff looks very interesting! Taking the Star trek elements out of it and still using the style is surprisingly easy to do. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Because these actors need to get paid for the time they are contributing. Clearly they want to be involved in the project, and want to be paid for it, so why is that so wrong?

Is it because it doesn't follow the shitty/monotonous what people tend to call 'real jobs' and what we do? These so called 'real jobs' drain whatever creativity we all have and joyfulness so we end up killing ourselves on the inside. I have seen what happens when you don't follow your dreams. I am a classic example. I followed the money train and it hasn't led to a path that I enjoy. Sure my income is high but creative wise, it brings nothing new.

I would love to do a job that I can enjoy not have to drag myself to work everyday. Unfortunately, I never knew what I was good at and what I was passionate about. I love a lot of things, but then I find out there are way, way, way more gifted people than me which crushes my spirit to even attempt.

So he likes to be type cast, and I don't mind that. You stay happier unlike us who are forced to enjoy our work.

ah..ok :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The actors themselves are HUGE fans of out type of science fiction, and as long as they do not step on too many toes, they can still pull this off. Some of this stuff looks very interesting! Taking the Star trek elements out of it and still using the style is surprisingly easy to do. :)

i have seen so many "hey look at us give us money and we are going to make this" pitches come out over the last few yrs regrading sci fi projects and pretty much nothing coming out of it. can we name anything successful or mildly popular that is out there?

i really want to see some more great space based sci fi--like the expanse. but we keep getting stuff like the ALIEN movies, etc

i would like more stuff like PASSENGERS but that movie was just too shallow overall. kind of slapdash and IDK not as good as it should have been

there is a promising amazon series (at least IMO it is promising) but it only has one episode and it is in that stupid 'fans pick the winner' to greenlight it.
\amazon makes other shows without this stupid contest, why do the sci fi ones get stuffed into that contest? to sucker more scifi fans into being subscribers? IDK

OASIS amazon pilot contest-probably never see it- was only a tease..... :(

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/03/am...new-vips-budding-prospects-legend-1201794421/

Last edited: