The Avengers

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
It's sad I have to search for the damn trailer at google instead of youtube, youtube's become inundated by bs. Anyways here's the trailer. Surprised there isn't a thread or maybe there is. Apparently Whedon delivers, always liked most of his work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPoHPNeU9fc

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
avengers is a piece of crap.. PLEASE... and whedon is way overated..

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I just watched this movie, and I have to say it was one of the most entertaining movies I have seen in a while! A virtual orgy of CGI but the action and humor and the overall light storyline made for an ear to ear grin throughout most of the movie. :) Seeing it the first time without any reading of spoilers (which I did not before I got the movie), I found it immensely enjoyable. A very unlikely group of Avengers came together in this movie and provided a rollercoaster of action and plenty of eye candy. Like Transformers and other movies like this, it is not going to appeal to everyone and will definitely not appeal to anyone who wants more substance in the storyline. But for just plain fun, this movie is the best to come along for me since Independence Day. :)

MUST WATCH this clip. Its a full minute. I laughed so loud I was coughing!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Funny clip I found with the Avengers which includes Spiderman:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I just watched this movie, and I have to say it was one of the most entertaining movies I have seen in a while! A virtual orgy of CGI but the action and humor and the overall light storyline made for an ear to ear grin throughout most of the movie. :) Seeing it the first time without any reading of spoilers (which I did not before I got the movie), I found it immensely enjoyable. A very unlikely group of Avengers came together in this movie and provided a rollercoaster of action and plenty of eye candy. Like Transformers and other movies like this, it is not going to appeal to everyone and will definitely not appeal to anyone who wants more substance in the storyline. But for just plain fun, this movie is the best to come along for me since Independence Day. :)

MUST WATCH this clip. Its 30 seconds. I laughed so loud I was coughing!

I also loved the "battle" between the Hulk and Loki!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I also loved the "battle" between the Hulk and Loki!

I dont understand what is not to like about these comic book figures coming to life in these movies. They are not supposed to be real, and to have them personified in live action people in such a cool and exciting way in these movies is AWESOME to me! I just acquired Captain America which I have not seen either. Once I have seen that, then I will have a bigger picture. I just watched Iron Man 2 and I see Fury and Agent Coulson and we even get a hint into the Avengers. The next one will have additional heroes in it from what I am hearing. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I dont understand what is not to like about these comic book figures coming to life in these movies. They are not supposed to be real, and to have them personified in live action people in such a cool and exciting way in these movies is AWESOME to me! I just acquired Captain America which I have not seen either. Once I have seen that, then I will have a bigger picture. I just watched Iron Man 2 and I see Fury and Agent Coulson and we even get a hint into the Avengers. The next one will have additional heroes in it from what I am hearing. :)

I think it's got to do with the actors not being exactly what the comic book fans have in mind. Personally, I like the actors chosen for the various avengers, BUT I am not a hardcore comic fan.

Otherwise, I agree, comics and comic characters are a rich source of stories that by design appeal to people.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I watched it again and I had to stop it to make sure I was hearing what I was hearing. Did Loki actually call The Black Widow a "mewling quim"? :SmileyLaughingTears: It appears he did!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Right out of the Urban Dictionary....

1. Mewling quim 45 up, 13 down

An insult used by Loki in the Avengers movie which roughly translates into modern English as 'Whining C**t'.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
OMFG Joe just said that!!!!

(but yeah, Loki is a bit crude :P )

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMFG Joe just said that!!!!

(but yeah, Loki is a bit crude :P )

That is why it was so satisfying and comical when the Hulk banged him up in the clip before that. :smiley-laughing024:
--- merged: Feb 11, 2013 at 8:01 PM ---
Right out of the Urban Dictionary....

1. Mewling quim 45 up, 13 down

An insult used by Loki in the Avengers movie which roughly translates into modern English as 'Whining C**t'.

OMG, I actually had to edit your post to remove the profanity! A FIRST! :smiley_joy::smiley-laughing024::P

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Ooops!!!!

That's what I get for copying and pasting without thinking.

Apologies...:crying-028:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Ooops!!!!

That's what I get for copying and pasting without thinking.

Apologies...:crying-028:

Methinks you have to adjust your eyepatch there Ruprickt :P
--- merged: Feb 11, 2013 at 8:48 PM ---
That is why it was so satisfying and comical when the Hulk banged him up in the clip before that. :smiley-laughing024:
It's even more amusing when you know just how much of a physical whimp Loki was :D

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Ahhhh yesss, we all know "Ruprecht the Monkey Boy"....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I really liked Loki in the Thor movie. When viewed as the comic book characters brought to live action, the seemingly cheesy/simple storylines actually play like a moving live action comic book IMHO. :) I really have enjoyed all of the Marvel movies so far, and especially this latest crop of Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, (the last Hulk was not quite up to snuff IMO). The Avengers was pure ice cream.